Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm a life-long Dodgers fan, and I love that my boys have a consistently good team right now. Not winning in 2 consecutive WS appearances brings a lot of finger-pointing - management, pitching, etc. One thing that the critics seem to always overlook is the caliber of the teams they were playing, and giving credit to the fact that the AL teams have simply been better.. For the past 3 years, the Dodgers have been the best team in the NL, but not the best team in baseball. I think they were close to the Astros in 2017. Last year, I thought the Dodgers were the 3rd best team, behind the Astros and the Red Sox. The Sox destroyed the Astrs, and the Dodgers not beating them in the WS was pretty predictable. This year, I again see the Dodgers as the 3rd best team, behind the Astros and the Yankees. At this point, I expect my Dodgers to get the the WS again, but am not feeling very confident about being able to finally win the whole thing. The potential is there IF everyone is on their game, but performing when it counts has been the most difficult part for them.

I know I said I wasn’t a fan, but your post is dead on, the Dodgers have just flat out run into super hot teams at the wrong time! They’re an excellent team, playing great ball right now and they will probably be representing the NL again this year........and again they’re going to have their hands full!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Unfortunately, every team is stellar at some point until contracts come into being. Dodgers are a awesome team and have a lot
of funds like the Yankees...but at some point, all their players come up for contracts. That's when you lose players.
Cant pay everybody 20M a year and some are gonna want more. Certain orgs can withstand the contracts
better than others...Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers are 3 teams that have funds to do that. But you are going to lose
players no matter what, especially when contract talks hover in the 300M range for some...like Bellinger will look to get
that...even talks of him wanting 400M.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Even though I am die hard Phils fan...I have a soft spot for the Astros. That team was soooo bad for soooo many years
and their farm system finally produced huge MLB talent and a couple trades for talent and bam, they won it and are a
constant top team right now. Their fan base deserves their success!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Even though I am die hard Phils fan...I have a soft spot for the Astros. That team was soooo bad for soooo many years
and their farm system finally produced huge MLB talent and a couple trades for talent and bam, they won it and are a
constant top team right now. Their fan base deserves their success!!
Agreed on the Astros, although never really a fan before, the 2017 World Series was a baseball lovers WS, so fun to watch! I did become a fan of them after that series!

But really, who couldn't love those ugly uniforms of yesteryear??! :oops:
99f166c2b2c98787fe64f51ae9988f46.jpg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
AD, those uni's were AWESOME!!

If you were a Nolan fan...that's the uni you remember him in the most...or when Mike Scott was battling
on the mound for them in the Mid 80's in the series.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
While the Astros and the Pirates were competing for second place for the ugliest uniforms ever, the VERY clear winner was the White Sox and this "shorts" experiment! Check out this 1976 pic of the Goose!! Nice collar :rolleyes:
White-Sox-Shorts-1976-Goose-Gossage-590x708.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad