Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Agreed on the Astros, although never really a fan before, the 2017 World Series was a baseball lovers WS, so fun to watch! I did become a fan of them after that series!

Despite my Dodgers losing to the Astros in 2017, I actually became a fan, too - at least of the current group of players. I like the way those boys play ball.

Dec 11, 2010
Thank you and goodnight everyone! What a killer way to close a concert.

The solo in that song is one of my favorite rock and roll gems.

I always feel like he takes over the pace and tempo of the song and becomes the percussionist for just a moment. How three guys can sound that big are beyond me. Awesome band.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
@Westwind
Now this is true old school Rush, been on a bit of a Rush binge this week! Alex Lifeson is THE best guitarist that no one knows!

That song, especially the live version from "All the Worlds a Stage" is one of my all time faves...saw them perform it live in Buffalo, 1978. Great concert back in the day when they were just figuring out the stage effects (fog/smoke machines and lighting).

ian

Jun 11, 2015
My two children aren't aware there are firearms in the house. That's the way I prefer it.
I fully support your right to raise your children as you wish.

When I realized there were over 450,000,000 firearms in this country I decided to educate my children on safe firearm practice. I may keep all my firearms locked up and safely hidden away where they will never be found, but I want them to know what to do if they come into contact with firearms at their friends house.

Dec 11, 2010
My former employer was at one time a leader in the world of L.E. pistols and ammo. At that time 9mm was looked down on as inadequate due to lack of effective ammo. My agency was a really early adopter. Two incidents highlighted problems with the weapon and the ammo. The first was when a burly leather clad convicted felon was not stopped by 147 (? Not 100% sure I remember that right) grain jhp’s. They “sort of” solved that by increasing velocity but then they learned that at night the muzzle flash was so bright the shooter would lose his night vision.

They eventually went to 115 grain +P+ rounds with powder that reduced muzzle flash that made 9mm what it is today. I burned up a ton of those over the years. They really cracked compared to everything else on the range. I really liked shooting that round. When I felt like I had time and ammo to do it, I really liked shooting long range.

We ultimately went to glocks and if I remember right Winchester Ranger 165 grain .40 ammo. Kind of cookie cutter, kind of low cost/low bid, boring but dependable. Yet I can say a lot of really nice things about the glocks.

I’m kind of proud that we filled a need to pioneer high capacity pistols in law enforcement, but by the time we went to the glocks there was no reason to reinvent the wheel. No pioneering was necessary. In other words, BORING, lol.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My former employer was at one time a leader in the world of L.E. pistols and ammo. At that time 9mm was looked down on as inadequate due to lack of effective ammo. My agency was a really early adopter. Two incidents highlighted problems with the weapon and the ammo. The first was when a burly leather clad convicted felon was not stopped by 147 (? Not 100% sure I remember that right) grain jhp’s. They “sort of” solved that by increasing velocity but then they learned that at night the muzzle flash was so bright the shooter would lose his night vision.

They eventually went to 115 grain +P+ rounds with powder that reduced muzzle flash that made 9mm what it is today. I burned up a ton of those over the years. They really cracked compared to everything else on the range. I really liked shooting that round. When I felt like I had time and ammo to do it, I really liked shooting long range.

We ultimately went to glocks and if I remember right Winchester Ranger 165 grain .40 ammo. Kind of cookie cutter, kind of low cost/low bid, boring but dependable. Yet I can say a lot of really nice things about the glocks.

I’m kind of proud that we filled a need to pioneer high capacity pistols in law enforcement, but by the time we went to the glocks there was no reason to reinvent the wheel. No pioneering was necessary. In other words, BORING, lol.
I have literally shot thousands of rounds of +P 9mm over the years, pretty much exclusively Speer and the old school Cor-bon 115g. +P, which BTW is a great round! But I've only shot a handful of +P+ before, Underwood and Buffalo Bore, and yes, there's definitely a difference! Reminded me of the 357 Sig round in the range, gets everyone's attention!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12