Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Glock 33 here. I absolutely love the 357 sig round. Above all else, the bottleneck round will never jam from the lip of the case catching the feed ramp! Plus it packs a helluva punch for a "small" round.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Glock 33 here. I absolutely love the 357 sig round. Above all else, the bottleneck round will never jam from the lip of the case catching the feed ramp! Plus it packs a helluva punch for a "small" round.
I’ve thought long and hard about ordering a 357 Sig barrel and magazines for my .40 Glock 23, but I’m pretty saturated with 9mm, .40, and .45ACP, I just didn’t want to start buying a new / different caliber. Plus 357 Sig ammo is expensive unless you reload!

And yes I’ve read all the specs and velocities, and first hand eyewitness accounts of the 357 Sig round, NASTY, and very effective!

ian

Jun 11, 2015

My buddy has a 226(?) in .357 sig. Soda (beer) cans at 35M didn't stand a chance. Could darn near keep the can in the air. Very impressed with the round and pistol.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
My former employer was at one time a leader in the world of L.E. pistols and ammo. At that time 9mm was looked down on as inadequate due to lack of effective ammo. My agency was a really early adopter. Two incidents highlighted problems with the weapon and the ammo. The first was when a burly leather clad convicted felon was not stopped by 147 (? Not 100% sure I remember that right) grain jhp’s. They “sort of” solved that by increasing velocity but then they learned that at night the muzzle flash was so bright the shooter would lose his night vision.

They eventually went to 115 grain +P+ rounds with powder that reduced muzzle flash that made 9mm what it is today. I burned up a ton of those over the years. They really cracked compared to everything else on the range. I really liked shooting that round. When I felt like I had time and ammo to do it, I really liked shooting long range.

We ultimately went to glocks and if I remember right Winchester Ranger 165 grain .40 ammo. Kind of cookie cutter, kind of low cost/low bid, boring but dependable. Yet I can say a lot of really nice things about the glocks.

I’m kind of proud that we filled a need to pioneer high capacity pistols in law enforcement, but by the time we went to the glocks there was no reason to reinvent the wheel. No pioneering was necessary. In other words, BORING, lol.

My best friend uses a G27 for his EDC. He got it after his department issued the G22. Side by side the G26 is much more precise for both of us. Maybe better a marksman would shoot just as good with a G27. Seems like the 9mm is inherently more accurate. Shot placement is everything... but in high stress situations .40 balistics may be a better choice(hope I never find out). He switched to a G17 when he changed departments because he wanted a few extra rounds. between mag changes. They just switched to sig 320 so he snagged one of those. Initial reports are good.

Apr 16, 2013
I let my CCP lapse a few years ago. My son turns 21 next month. I intend to have us take the class together and both go get our CCPs. Then I intend on looking at all the carry options and find a "nice" gun. I got the Glock 33 and also a Ruger LCP for pocket carry, but being able to afford something like an Hk now, I might step up to something nicer.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I let my CCP lapse a few years ago. My son turns 21 next month. I intend to have us take the class together and both go get our CCPs. Then I intend on looking at all the carry options and find a "nice" gun. I got the Glock 33 and also a Ruger LCP for pocket carry, but being able to afford something like an Hk now, I might step up to something nicer.
Depending on what trigger group you like (obviously you like Glock triggers), there’s several Hk models you’d like!

As far as smaller carry pistols, and they’re not that small.......well the P2000 is close to the G26/27. P30 is a little larger.

***P2000sk, always wanted one, still do!
***P30sk, I have the V1 Light LEM version, great pistol.
***And the tank, the USP compact, probably the toughest polymer pistol ever built!

The VP series is being listed as the best striker fired pistols on the market now, check out the VP9sk, prices are very reasonable!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here is a question gun guys...Im a smally Shotgun fan and looking to get a few. Anybody dabble in them and
have favs and not favs?
Pump or semi?
You can never go wrong with a Mossberg 500/590 pump or a Remington 870 pump, both are great and very time tested, my preference is the 590 Mossberg just for the safety location alone! I like to be able to actuate the safety up top with my thumb over the Remington safety at the trigger guard!

So Mossberg 590 series for the win, for me anyway! Now if you want to step up to the big boys.........$$ Benelli $$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802