Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
So Anna is leaving for college on the 16th, it was just sprung on me this past Friday night "dad, I need you to build a loft to get my mattress off the floor in my dorm room so I'll have more storage space!"............what?

So, $150.00 later. "But dad, it needs to be either painted or stained!" Here ya go, have at it kid!
View attachment 14780

The 16th is when I head off to college as well. I like the idea of her loft as well for in my dorm room. I couldn't have it that high though (at least without some sort of safety railing) cuz I'd be afraid of falling out of bed and breaking my arm...especially with being 5'2 :ROFLMAO:. Btw, I love your car sitting beside the loft. I'm at the shore right now as a last hurrah before heading off to college with a few friends where we're capping off the trip with getting piercings and matching friendship tattoos. I saw a great looking Dodge Challenger that was from I think either the 60's or 70's on the way there. Is this similar to what I saw? Anyways, good luck to Anna in college. I don't know where she's going to school, but I'm sure we're going to have a blast when we get there :).

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Ladders are ok with me...but I will always have the intention to do something. Like we did the garage roof at the old house, I was up on
it fast and all ready...then after getting on it...yeah...not so much :)

I remember getting up on a ladder to retrieve a basketball my sister bounced up on the barn roof when we were younger. She's scared of heights. I'm not too sure of myself when I'm up high...especially on a rickety ladder. I ended up falling off the ladder from about 10' up. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt too badly but that was the last time I went up on the end of the barn roof on that rickety wooden ladder. I still hate the thing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The 16th is when I head off to college as well. I like the idea of her loft as well for in my dorm room. I couldn't have it that high though (at least without some sort of safety railing) cuz I'd be afraid of falling out of bed and breaking my arm...especially with being 5'2 :ROFLMAO:. Btw, I love your car sitting beside the loft. I'm at the shore right now as a last hurrah before heading off to college with a few friends where we're capping off the trip with getting piercings and matching friendship tattoos. I saw a great looking Dodge Challenger that was from I think either the 60's or 70's on the way there. Is this similar to what I saw? Anyways, good luck to Anna in college. I don't know where she's going to school, but I'm sure we're going to have a blast when we get there :).
gabby........are you asking me if my 1969 Camaro Z/28 is similar to a Dodge Challenger??? We're seriously going to have to have a little talk!!

I hope college is going to be a blast for you and Anna both, I hope it's the time of your lives! I tell Anna to enjoy everyday, she's healthy, she plays softball at a high level, she's committed to play college ball, enjoy it and praise the Lord everyday for what he's given you! I tell her life is hard, it's tough, and it will only get harder as she becomes an adult with all the really big responsibilities in life! Enjoy college gabby.......but know why you're there, THE main reason, to get an education!

Be safe on your last hurrah to the beach, and kick some butt in softball this year!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I remember getting up on a ladder to retrieve a basketball my sister bounced up on the barn roof when we were younger. She's scared of heights. I'm not too sure of myself when I'm up high...especially on a rickety ladder. I ended up falling off the ladder from about 10' up. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt too badly but that was the last time I went up on the end of the barn roof on that rickety wooden ladder. I still hate the thing.

Why is it even still around? haha

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Country I guess. Not much really speaking to me right now. Favorite bands of all time, AC/DC, Tim McGraw, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Crosby, Stills, and Nash,

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Top Gun, Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption, watching Star Wars movies with my son.

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? I don't drink, but I love Henry Weinhard's Root Beer.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. University of Washington Husky Football

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Skiing. Our family skis 50+ days per year in the winter and both of our kids are racers. My son also competes in freeride, which used to be awesome and is now on the verge of being just scary.

#6 Favorite sports moment. The double. For those not from Seattle it was Edgar Martinez's walk off double down the left field line to win game #5 of the 1995 ALDS. I was there with my dad and two brothers in the Kingdome. It was incredible. It still gives me goosebumps to think about it. Also, see Macklemore's My oh my for the impact it had on Seattle.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Why is it even still around? haha

We still have that old, rickety, wood ladder laying around the shed by a small pond we have near the house. It's used for decorative purposes now with having better fiberglass and aluminum step and extension ladders in another storage shed near the house. Even though I don't like heights, I still climbed up on the 32' aluminum extension ladder and helped dad, sis, and a few of his friends re-roof the house last summer. Got one heck of a sunburn...but still fun.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
gabby........are you asking me if my 1969 Camaro Z/28 is similar to a Dodge Challenger??? We're seriously going to have to have a little talk!!

I hope college is going to be a blast for you and Anna both, I hope it's the time of your lives! I tell Anna to enjoy everyday, she's healthy, she plays softball at a high level, she's committed to play college ball, enjoy it and praise the Lord everyday for what he's given you! I tell her life is hard, it's tough, and it will only get harder as she becomes an adult with all the really big responsibilities in life! Enjoy college gabby.......but know why you're there, THE main reason, to get an education!

Be safe on your last hurrah to the beach, and kick some butt in softball this year!

Sorry, it's taken me a while to reply. I've been so busy trying to get used to college life, getting used to where I have to go to get to classes, and just everything else a freshman college student does, lol.

I'm not the greatest at judging cars by year and make when so many of them look so similar in body style and by year. I know like the iconic cars and the ones that look so goofy and strange. But I do like the Camaro's. They look so sleek. I know I would love to have an older project car but right now with college...money is going to be an issue. I personally would love to own a 69 Shelby Cobra even in a kit car but at close to if not over 100k... it's not going to happen anytime soon.

How's Anna getting along in college? I'm having a blast aside from the things I wasn't prepared for and am still getting used to.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I know I would love to have an older project car but right now with college...money is going to be an issue.

I feel the same way. I'm 50. 🤪

It's so very cool to hear that you are settling in to college. It's been very enjoyable getting to follow along with your journey in HS ball, and up to now. I hope you continue to stay in touch with the DFP community in the years ahead. You're playing college ball, right?

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I feel the same way. I'm 50. 🤪

It's so very cool to hear that you are settling in to college. It's been very enjoyable getting to follow along with your journey in HS ball, and up to now. I hope you continue to stay in touch with the DFP community in the years ahead. You're playing college ball, right?

Wow! I never would have guessed you were 50. 😁

I'm definitely getting settled in and am getting used to a new routine. It's been rough getting used to being away from home for the first time and trying to be a somewhat responsible teenager-now-somewhat functioning-adult. But I'm getting used to my new normal. It's funny how I never really thought about waking up with a roomie and now I am. 😆 but everything's just so new to me...if that makes sense. :LOL:

Thank you for following my journey through high school and travel ball and thank you for helping me become the catcher I am. You are one of a few on here that gave me the most helpful advice on playing my position. I do plan on staying on here throughout my time in college and even after I graduate and go into the medical field and have a daughter of my own that, hopefully, decides to play softball and I get to coach her.

But I am playing college ball. It seems weird now to me that I get to practice throughout the year playing the sport I love. It is going to seem even weirder when our season starts in late February/early March and there's still snow on the ground. But I think I'll get used to it once games get started and I'm wearing my cold weather Under Armour and then regular compression clothes underneath once mid April rolls around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott