Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
gabby........are you asking me if my 1969 Camaro Z/28 is similar to a Dodge Challenger??? We're seriously going to have to have a little talk!!

No, she knows the Challenger is much cooler, but wanted to make you feel a little better since you're pretty old and
knew it would make you feel good comparing your Z to a cool Challenger :)

obviously just kidding, Im actually a Chevy guy

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, cool old project car...hmmmm...still working on that...when I grow up I will have to get one...haha

I mean, Im nowhere near as old as Eric is, but catching him quick ;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry, it's taken me a while to reply. I've been so busy trying to get used to college life, getting used to where I have to go to get to classes, and just everything else a freshman college student does, lol.

I'm not the greatest at judging cars by year and make when so many of them look so similar in body style and by year. I know like the iconic cars and the ones that look so goofy and strange. But I do like the Camaro's. They look so sleek. I know I would love to have an older project car but right now with college...money is going to be an issue. I personally would love to own a 69 Shelby Cobra even in a kit car but at close to if not over 100k... it's not going to happen anytime soon.

How's Anna getting along in college? I'm having a blast aside from the things I wasn't prepared for and am still getting used to.

GABBY!!!!!!
Glad to hear you're adjusting to college life..........I'm thinking Anna may be a little homesick, and sore!! And I also think the realization of this isn't some kind of camp or a really long tournament is sitting in and slightly freaking her out! Get used to it kid!

Her team has hit a few times and she's pitched a couple of times already but they started weight training and conditioning yesterday. She enjoyed the weights, she did NOT enjoy the conditioning!! It's very mountainous there, you go either up or down everywhere you're at, makes for some fun running! ;)

My boss had a Superformance Shelby Cobra from from South Africa, insanely nice, and expensive car! Power to weight ratio is just stupid, that car is a death trap!! His offered to let me drive it twice, both times I declined, too rich for me!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Wow! I never would have guessed you were 50. 😁

I'm definitely getting settled in and am getting used to a new routine. It's been rough getting used to being away from home for the first time and trying to be a somewhat responsible teenager-now-somewhat functioning-adult. But I'm getting used to my new normal. It's funny how I never really thought about waking up with a roomie and now I am. 😆 but everything's just so new to me...if that makes sense. :LOL:

Thank you for following my journey through high school and travel ball and thank you for helping me become the catcher I am. You are one of a few on here that gave me the most helpful advice on playing my position. I do plan on staying on here throughout my time in college and even after I graduate and go into the medical field and have a daughter of my own that, hopefully, decides to play softball and I get to coach her.

But I am playing college ball. It seems weird now to me that I get to practice throughout the year playing the sport I love. It is going to seem even weirder when our season starts in late February/early March and there's still snow on the ground. But I think I'll get used to it once games get started and I'm wearing my cold weather Under Armour and then regular compression clothes underneath once mid April rolls around.

I'm happy to have been of some help. :) You get all the credit for doing the hard work.

I wish you a wonderful college experience, and hope it sets you up for a happy and fulfilling life journey.

Which college? I will be sure to follow the softball program.

Last edited:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
GABBY!!!!!!
Glad to hear you're adjusting to college life..........I'm thinking Anna may be a little homesick, and sore!! And I also think the realization of this isn't some kind of camp or a really long tournament is sitting in and slightly freaking her out! Get used to it kid!

Her team has hit a few times and she's pitched a couple of times already but they started weight training and conditioning yesterday. She enjoyed the weights, she did NOT enjoy the conditioning!! It's very mountainous there, you go either up or down everywhere you're at, makes for some fun running! ;)

My boss had a Superformance Shelby Cobra from from South Africa, insanely nice, and expensive car! Power to weight ratio is just stupid, that car is a death trap!! His offered to let me drive it twice, both times I declined, too rich for me!

I'm getting adjusted...I'm just not there, yet. I'm kinda in the same boat as Anna. I'm sore and definitely homesick. Your right...it's totally different than a tournament or hanging out with friends. It seems strange to be adulting. But I'm sucking it up. Where did Anna decide to go to school, if you don't mind me asking?

We have been practicing a lot as well as doing workouts, strength training and conditioning. I've always prided myself on keeping in good shape but I'm being blown away by my teammates especially in terms of endurance. But, right now, I'm one of the stronger girls on the team which I'm kinda thankful for.

There is a guy that works where my dad does, and he owns a Cobra. I always have drooled over that car when I see it. It's so sleek looking...I love it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm getting adjusted...I'm just not there, yet. I'm kinda in the same boat as Anna. I'm sore and definitely homesick. Your right...it's totally different than a tournament or hanging out with friends. It seems strange to be adulting. But I'm sucking it up. Where did Anna decide to go to school, if you don't mind me asking?

We have been practicing a lot as well as doing workouts, strength training and conditioning. I've always prided myself on keeping in good shape but I'm being blown away by my teammates especially in terms of endurance. But, right now, I'm one of the stronger girls on the team which I'm kinda thankful for.

There is a guy that works where my dad does, and he owns a Cobra. I always have drooled over that car when I see it. It's so sleek looking...I love it.
Adulting........I like it, actually I’m going to have to steal that one!

She’s going to NGU
North Greenville University in Greenville, SC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish