Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I am scared of heights.....that guy apparently is not.

That stuff makes me big time jealous of people that can do that with no heights issues.

The only thing I can say, is not being a fan of heights has kept me alive atleast...haha...but def has hindered some
cool activities.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So Anna is leaving for college on the 16th, it was just sprung on me this past Friday night "dad, I need you to build a loft to get my mattress off the floor in my dorm room so I'll have more storage space!"............what?

So, $150.00 later. "But dad, it needs to be either painted or stained!" Here ya go, have at it kid!
67706526_913615319016276_2438944359249346560_n.jpg

Jun 8, 2016
That stuff makes me big time jealous of people that can do that with no heights issues.

The only thing I can say, is not being a fan of heights has kept me alive atleast...haha...but def has hindered some
cool activities.
I hate even getting on a ladder to retrieve the wiffle balls my wife hits in the gutters when my 4 YO son "pitches" to her..
Stop popping it up straight back...she needs big time work on her swing!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
How high does the bed need to be off the ground? Dayum...did you build a ladder to get on the bed? :)
The top of the plywood is exactly 48" off the floor, her mattress (which I haven't seen) could be anywhere from 8" to 12" thick? So she could be 5 feet off the floor.

She showed me several pictures from her teammates and the lofts that their dad's built. So then I asked about a safety rail, which none of the pics I saw had one.......she's like "no, I don't need one, no one else has one!" So you're saying you're too cool to have one?

All of these girls are 6' tall, you're 5' tall, for these girls it would be like falling off of a coffee table, for you it'd be like falling off a house! She didn't find my hilarious comment all that funny!

sjw62000

just cleaning the dugout
Sep 1, 2018
North Carolina
Unbolted and take apart, genius! Might be fun to build a safety rail when she isn't looking, paint it bright orange , and let her discover it before you head out to move her in. Kind of wasteful, but funny just the same.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I hate even getting on a ladder to retrieve the wiffle balls my wife hits in the gutters when my 4 YO son "pitches" to her..
Stop popping it up straight back...she needs big time work on her swing!!

Ladders are ok with me...but I will always have the intention to do something. Like we did the garage roof at the old house, I was up on
it fast and all ready...then after getting on it...yeah...not so much :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812