Growth spurts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
My DD had Sever's in spring 2012 after turning 12 that February. In fall of 2012, she grew about 3-4 inches and the Sever's seemed to be gone. I'm hoping that she'll still grow a few more inches, but realistically she may be about finished.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
My older DD almost 15 is 5'8" still under 100 lb. Dr. told her she was done growing at last visit but we'll see. Mom's 6'3" so she may have a few inches to go. younger DD is 4'8" almost 9 yo. We think she's going to be over 6' when it's all said and done.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Mine grew 3" from 11 - 12 years old. She's 14 and hasn't grown another inch since then. She's on the smaller side, 5'3", 114.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My dd at 12 years old was about 5'0 and 100lbs now at 14 (almost 15), she's about 5'9 and 140#... I think she's about done.

I'd like to see her power numbers from ages 10-14. She must've stated smacking some balls that you didn't see coming at age 11.
She's got a .575 BA so far this summer with a slugging % right at .600 (tons of doubles and a hand full of triples)...mostly line drives right down 3rd base line. Massive power this year and has hit several 250' bombs that ALL went foul down the left side ;( she has never cleared the fence in fair territory... not yet anyway!

Jun 18, 2013
For all the DDs that have suffered with Sever's, what do you do to help alleviate the pain? My DD has been complaining of heel pain off and on for a few weeks and it sounds like she is fighting Sever's. Is it just an advil\tylenol and rest situation or is there something I can do to help?

Jun 24, 2013
Doctor said DD would not cause future damage by playing and that she can play if she can tolerate the pain.

She goes to physical therapy once a week, does some exercises during the week and wears an ankle brace.

Bring your DD to her doctor and see what they say.

DD was in a walking boot for 6 months and the pain came right back so rest does not help. Doctor said it will go away when she stops growing.

Edit:

For DD it always hurts, sometimes more than others for no reason that I can figure out. Sometimes she seems to be dragging her left leg behind her, other times she runs like the wind.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
For all the DDs that have suffered with Sever's, what do you do to help alleviate the pain? My DD has been complaining of heel pain off and on for a few weeks and it sounds like she is fighting Sever's. Is it just an advil\tylenol and rest situation or is there something I can do to help?

My DD went to physical therapy for several weeks (6?). I took away her Nike cleats that didn't seem to have anything in the way of shock absorption and replaced them with Asics gel cleats. She also wore ankle supports for a while and we started putting ice packs on her heels and ankles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors