Growth spurts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
I've been checking heigh and weight charts for my DD. I'm trying to figure out at what age do girls grow the most? My DD has grown 2inches since February. She is now a whopping 4-8 and 60lb. 86th percentile for height and 3rd percentile for weight.

Jul 2, 2013
My DD grew the most from 10 to 13 years old, shot up fast.

We thought she was done, for the 2 years after that, nothing, nada, zilch.

Now at 16 is starting a slower growth period. May be able to get another inch out of it.

I think this is pretty typical. A big growth spurt early, a break, and a slower steady growth until 18 or 19.

The exact timing varies quite a bit from girl to girl, but the same patterm

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Not sure, but for my daughter, growth spurts for height didn't affect her as a player very much, but puberty did. She went from singles hitter to power hitter almost overnight it seemed.

One other thing that might've been affected by growth spurts is speed. One season, she'd be one of the fastest. Next season, she'd be middle of the back. Then fast. Then not. Etc. One season she's an antelope. The next, she's a baby giraffe.

Apr 2, 2013
We've been dealing with Sever's Disease for almost 3 years. DD is nearly 11 and is a head shorter than most kids her age :(.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Oldest dd shot up from 11-13years old. Dr just said at check up earlier this week that she is probably done growing. I doubt it, mom and I are still a bit taller than her. She has huge sore bumps under her knees also (osgood slaughter).

Younger dd is 10...she is a about 8 inches taller then most girls her age. Not sure if she has an early growth spurt, or is just going to be tall.

Feet...ugh...oldest had a new pair of softball cleats she out grew in one month. Think she is at a woman's size 11 now (she is 13). Younger dd (10) plays soccer...we have a collection of barely used cleats she outgrew. Went from a 4 to an 8.5 in about 2 years.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I've been checking heigh and weight charts for my DD. I'm trying to figure out at what age do girls grow the most? My DD has grown 2inches since February. She is now a whopping 4-8 and 60lb. 86th percentile for height and 3rd percentile for weight.

I think my DD might be your DDs twin. She's been above 95% in height since birth at every checkup and below 10% in weight at every check too. Often below 5%.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors