Good New Softball Glove??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2008
I am looking for a new softball glove for my daughter. She is 15, pitches, catches and well has played shortstop and outfirled so far this year. Basically a good all around glove. I got a Nakona AMG1250 which is a good, and expensive glave, BUT it seems small but yet loose on her hand. She is always complaining how a sharply hit or thrown ball almost takes it off her hand. There is a small strap for tightening, but it dont help. It is made so the bottom of the palm is just outside the glove. So now I need to look for something different. Any ideas on a good glove?

Thanks

Rob

May 7, 2008
Tucson
One more hint, have her decide what type of pocket (web) she likes. There are various names for them. Some are weaved and almost solid, some are a couple of strips of leather and some are like a #. I really like to be able to see through mine.

If some of you know the names for these pockets, let me know.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I use Akadema for my personal use. Tried several others before, and never had a glove I really didn't like, but after going to Akadema, I won't buy another brand.

Jul 19, 2008
I just got a Mizuno GFN1308 glove. It is not the top glove out there I know, but seems better than what she had. I will put the glove conditioner on it and work on it some and hopefully get it loosened up enough for her to use in Monday's game. It is $59 most places, and if it dont work out well,,,, then we can worry about a better one for next season.

Oct 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I have a few players that use the Rawlings Sandlot Series. They break in fast and come in fastback (solid), open web (basically an "H"), and finger web (I think that's what its called - the single leather strip in the middle of the pocket). They are reasonably priced and seem to last.

RobD - if your DD also catches, wouldn't she need a catcher's mitt? My DD is 14 and her catchers wouldn't catch her, other than to warm her up, without a mitt. Hurts the hand over an inning.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Rob I have used Hot Glove on the last 4 gloves I have bought myself, wife and one of the kids. I am sure someone will say you should never bake a glove, but all 4 haven't fallen apart yet. The first one I did it do was a first base glove for my wife and after two years it is in good shape. Dd got a new catchers mitt and after about an hour of baking 10 minutes at a time and beating it with a rubber mallet, the mitt was like it had been through a season. Heard shaving cream works well too if you can find Hot Glove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red