Good Mitts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2011
I need a good but inexpensive catchers mitt to catch my DD. I get swollen knuckles if I use a glove. Are there any mitts with good padding for cheap? DD wants to step up practice time.

Apr 1, 2010
I think there are a lot of options out there. My DD, her catching coach, a high school girl who helps him and a teammate of DD's all use the Easton Synergy. It's not a new model anymore; I think it runs about $50 now. It's cut for women though, if you have large hands it might not be for you.

Nov 1, 2008
I bought a mizuno franchise excel mitt to catch my DD pitching. I love it and it is what our 13-15yo catchers prefer to use as well. Last year in 12u they used it too.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I too wanted to go inexpensive so I added a pad for when I catch my girl. They make several different types including a padded glove that looks like a batting glove but it has padding on the palm and parts of the fingers. The pad allowed me to use my current glove without having to buy a Mitt. Another option is to check out craigslist or play it again sport for a used Mitt.

Jul 26, 2010
Male or female?

The Louisville Slugger "Big Daddy" is designed for dads to catch their daughters, as pretty much most other gloves a guy can wear are either first base mitts for slowpitch or we're trying to squeeze into mitts designed for women. I think it runs around $70.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck