Going to let PC know we are leaving tonight.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
I have never been good at quitting things, always makes me nervous. I decided we would go to one more lesson with PC simply because I didn't want to quit over the phone, and we will already be at the gym for hitting lessons. The PC we see is actually the daughter of the HC of the team. She is a very good coach, just coaching the wrong thing, if that makes sense. I am not worried about the HC, she doesn't care who lessons are from, as long as they are taken. How do I explain to the PC why we are leaving? To soften the blow I am going to blame my 3 younger kids who I have to bring along bc we have to leave before my husband gets home, and it is messing with our life:). And that is not a lie. I also so want to include that we have decided to go with a different pitching "style" so that they are aware that it will look different so they don't try to change it up. I should also stay that we have contacted a couple of PCs but haven't decided on one yet. I am trying to find one closer to home. We are currently working on drills at home. Any advice is appreciated.

As a long time instructor I have had students leave for various reasons. I prefer the parents be up front and honest why they are making the change. The 1st time a student left I took it kinda hard. But as time went on I grew to accept what I teach is not for everyone. And that parents must do what they feels is correct for their daughter. So I suggest honesty is the best policy. Hurting the PC's feelings should not be a concern of yours. Good luck.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
How do I explain to the PC why we are leaving? To soften the blow I am going to blame my 3 younger kids who I have to bring along bc we have to leave before my husband gets home, and it is messing with our life:). And that is not a lie. I also so want to include that we have decided to go with a different pitching "style" so that they are aware that it will look different so they don't try to change it up.

3B - I realize this happened last night but here goes.

The truth will always be the best policy. If you get into semi truths or reasons that aren't exactly correct, then you leave the door open for the PC to try to change things to accommodate. i.e., if you use the bit about having to leave before hubby gets home, your PC may come back with asking about an alternate day or time slot when he is home. At that point you are scrambling to explain why the solution to your problem wont work for you.

Feb 5, 2010
3bmama
Please don't take this to personally because I seem to see it a lot on this site. I find it hard to understand why if, you feel the need to explain, you can't tell the truth and be done with it. I personally embrace what I learn here and have made a point of finding coaches who teach what I feel is the best method for instruction. It is your daughter, her future, and your money. I try to sell what I have learned here in hopes that one day we will get more instructors on board.

Aug 20, 2013
Stick to only the truth. If you use the kids and schedules, she might offer a different schedule and then what?

If you give the truth, she will be able to improve herself, the sport and maybe another kids chances.

So how did it go?

-GG

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
The truth is best.

I don't like the idea of going into the lesson to tell the instructor after the lesson you won't be coming back.

I don't know about your current PC, but I get highly involved in my students lessons plans. I spent WAY too much time during the day thinking about what we are going to work on, how we are going to do it, etc.
Once I had a kid show up, and I had done all that, we went through the lesson, working on mechanical issues, making strides into correcting the issue, having the kid repeat back to me what needed to be worked on, and all the time she kept acting strange. I knew something was up but wasn't sure. Then I even wrote out her homework on her workout card and it was then that the parent told me that this was her last lesson because she wanted to go to the same PC as her best friend. This kind of made me mad. Not her leaving, but I'd preferred to hear that BEFORE the lesson, then we could have just done some basic stuff and played some games and let her have a little fun.

E-mails are generally the choice of most of my parents that aren't coming back. Or as in Amy's case, just stop showing up.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Jojo you are 100% correct. Call on the phone, tell he or she that you thank them for their help but you are going to a new pitching coach. The less details the better. Doing it right after a lesson would make me angry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck