glove recommendation - mainly pitcher, 3B & 1B when infield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Had to do a different web for the NP6. The 207 web we chose wasn’t a choice for NP6. https://gloves.custom.rawlings.com/design/056b0070
Not sure if just my screen, but the tan colors look different for the web and shell on this one.

She prefers the 207, mainly due to the web .

She would rather not have the Rawlings patch, but since no option to remove, trying to have it blend in with the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it!

The 12” NP6 is pretty much the same size glove as the 12.25” Pro207.

Look at it this way….what do you think she’ll like the most? Main differences, the NP will be more Taco shaped and it has the fold over palm / crouch (which I prefer). Plus longer, flatter fingers.

The Pro200 family (the 207) is more bowl shaped and doesn’t have the fold over palm, more of a modern infield pattern with a square dual break heel that will accommodate both grips easily.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If you’re considering a 12.25” glove, I personally prefer the NP7 over the Pro207 and the KB17 (Kris Bryant), which I’m not sure if you know this…the 207 and the KB17 are the same identical glove.

Of course it’s a NP so it caters to being worn traditional. It also has a longer profile so I think it would work better at 1B over the more bowl shaped other two, and really excel at 3B which is really what it’s for. A custom NP7 isn’t offered with the vertical hinged web so I mocked one up with a basket.

I will say, my Horween NP7 with the wrist laced in the smaller setting has a smaller overall hand stall than either of the KB17 I’ve owned.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If you’re considering a 12.25” glove, I personally prefer the NP7 over the Pro207 and the KB17 (Kris Bryant), which I’m not sure if you know this…the 207 and the KB17 are the same identical glove.

Of course it’s a NP so it caters to being worn traditional. It also has a longer profile so I think it would work better at 1B over the more bowl shaped other two, and really excel at 3B which is really what it’s for. A custom NP7 isn’t offered with the vertical hinged web so I mocked one up with a basket.

I will say, my Horween NP7 with the wrist laced in the smaller setting has a smaller overall hand stall than either of the KB17 I’ve owned.
That's a great design!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Oof, that pink is offensive. I get they need to offer that color, but yikes. Horrible.

I will say I loved those royal blue accents on the tan glove Rain Man posted earlier. That was a very sharp look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck