glove recommendation - mainly pitcher, 3B & 1B when infield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2021
Ready to order the NP7. I think she is strong enough - is already the main jar opener in our family, and she is still growing. Final decision is the web. Deciding on basket versus basket connector. She likes both looks equally. I lean toward basket since that is what she has had in the past so seems safer to choose this for a custom glove, but she is at decision paralysis— her first big decision. Since it is a custom glove, she wonders if she SHOULD choose something to make it more unique, and maybe the basket connector is more unique than regular basket web - ? Thoughts on which might be better/preferred for pitching and 3B?

If anyone is wondering what will get DD out of bed 2 hours before school, it is putting final touches on a custom glove. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Ready to order the NP7. I think she is strong enough - is already the main jar opener in our family, and she is still growing. Final decision is the web. Deciding on basket versus basket connector. She likes both looks equally. I lean toward basket since that is what she has had in the past so seems safer to choose this for a custom glove, but she is at decision paralysis— her first big decision. Since it is a custom glove, she wonders if she SHOULD choose something to make it more unique, and maybe the basket connector is more unique than regular basket web - ? Thoughts on which might be better/preferred for pitching and 3B?

If anyone is wondering what will get DD out of bed 2 hours before school, it is putting final touches on a custom glove. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She can't go wrong with either one. I call it paralysis by analysis. The longer she looks at the two designs, the worse it becomes. Heck, it took my older daughter two years to decide if she even wanted a custom mitt before going to college finally forced her hand.

The gold stamp will fade rather quickly.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think she is strong enough - is already the main jar opener in our family
That's pretty funny!

I think you've got a winner there, go on....smash the button!!! Admittedly I'm not a basket fan, never owned one although I've tried to buy several Horween pinky patch Pro1000-3T's before, I'd absolutely own one of those!

I definitely think the connector basket looks better than the standard basket, just wish there was a way to get a width measurement on both of these baskets they're using for a NP7, and if they're different from each other? I doubt they are...

Jeffrey Rous in Texas is my go to glove rebuilder if something is over my head or I just don't want to fool with, he's a huge basket web fan! He loves how deep they break in (although I think the standard basket would / will break in deeper than the connector basket?). But he's also told me they add overall structure to the glove because the web is laced all the way around the perimeter of the glove shell / web opening. So although it's not as sexy as a H-web or I-web, it's a great web!

As far as which of those two webs are better for pitching & 3B....yeah man you're really overthinking it now! :LOL: But hey I get it, big decision! Heck I'm feeling nervous because I recommended the NP7.....what if she hates it?

I think I'd change it to Tan binding!
1675173645959.png

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That's pretty funny!

I think you've got a winner there, go on....smash the button!!! Admittedly I'm not a basket fan, never owned one although I've tried to buy several Horween pinky patch Pro1000-3T's before, I'd absolutely own one of those!

I definitely think the connector basket looks better than the standard basket, just wish there was a way to get a width measurement on both of these baskets they're using for a NP7, and if they're different from each other? I doubt they are...

Jeffrey Rous in Texas is my go to glove rebuilder if something is over my head or I just don't want to fool with, he's a huge basket web fan! He loves how deep they break in (although I think the standard basket would / will break in deeper than the connector basket?). But he's also told me they add overall structure to the glove because the web is laced all the way around the perimeter of the glove shell / web opening. So although it's not as sexy as a H-web or I-web, it's a great web!

As far as which of those two webs are better for pitching & 3B....yeah man you're really overthinking it now! :LOL: But hey I get it, big decision! Heck I'm feeling nervous because I recommended the NP7.....what if she hates it?

I think I'd change it to Tan binding!
View attachment 27323
I would agree on the basket web helping the glove hold its form.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@cmcgowan001

The problem with that first custom, especially a NP pattern custom is….you’ll be planning that second custom in no time! Or looking at a Don Morton or SBF Horween exclusive, your eyes will be peeled and looking at model numbers like never before!

To me this is the NP glove to have, the NP5PRO Horween Spring Trainer, I think every member here who has any appreciation for cool gloves should own this one!

Should anything happen to me health wise my crew here knows this one is reserved for pattar, I made my mind up long ago I wanted him to have this one! He’s still an AH! 😉
157E562D-FEDD-4BA7-AC55-9B300E42E43F.jpeg594909F8-F175-4A0C-A6D6-25FC6133F2EA.jpeg8B21F23E-02A0-4E93-A9F0-44CB3E3E5656.jpeg539830E0-B13D-435E-B9CB-D226677875BA.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812