Glove Radar Reading

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
I have to be doing something wrong. Glove radar seemed to read ok from 40 but can barely get a fastball reading from 43 (4 out 5 pitches gets 00). When it does get a reading, it reads 37 to 39 while pc jugs gun reads in the low 50's. This has consistently happened since last summer. Anybody else have this issue?

Oct 10, 2011
radar

Sounds like somethings wrong with the radar. I don't think we've ever gotten a zero from any distance. Is it still under warrantee?

Oct 9, 2013
Unfortunately I have had it a couple years now so it is out of warranty. Do you have a particular way that you catch to get better readings?

Oct 10, 2011
Better way

Unfortunately I have had it a couple years now so it is out of warranty. Do you have a particular way that you catch to get better readings?
Not really. I just try to go by her release point and then add 1mph for every 7 feet of distance. I may start standing behind a screen though for safety... That is their recommendation if you don't have a catcher or gear to wear.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You might want to try replacing the battery. My radar guns get "squirrelly" when the batteries get low.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
Can anyone post a picture of where and how they attach it to the glove? Mine works great but I also feel the speed is off from time to time. It also loosens up all the time. Thanks!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I attach mine to the web. I am on my 3rd one. Take it to Batteries Plus and get a new battery. I recently bought a Pocket Radar and it is w/i 1 mile per hour of the Glove Radar.

Sometimes, it will read zero, but I can generally tell that the ball did not hit firmly into the pocket of the glove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole