Glove for Leftie Outfielder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2021
My left handed 10u daughter who is very thin and average height needs to replace her 12” Mizuno Prospect. She plays mainly outfield but will on occasion play short stop and third. I expect she will be in the outfield in the future. Did a quick search this morning and found these options:

1. Marucci Magnolia 12” fielding glove ($80)
2. Louisville Slugger LXT 12.5” (grey with gold) ($80)
3. Rawlings HOH 12” PRO120SB-3B ($100)
4. Mizuno MVP Prime 12” ($60)

I am really tempted by the HOH but worry it may be too much glove for her. We won’t use it this season so we have plenty of time to break it in.

Apr 30, 2018
Check out Bradley Gloves. The Next Play and the FP Gold NP gloves are targeted at this age range. The Next Play and the FP Gold share the same glove patterns, but the FP have a velcro wrist and the Next Play have a more traditional laced wrist. You do not want the Igniter series. while decent gloves they are aimed at younger kids like 8 years old or so. My DD has an 11.5" I-web for infield and a 12" modified trap web for outfield and loves them. Several others on this site also recommend them. You daughter being a lefty means you might be able to find a nice lefty glove on discount as well and save some coin. I would avoid the steerhide or kip leather upgrade versions as they will be stiffer and a bit heavier. A 11.75" or 12" if she is above average size H-Web is a great all around glove. Search the whole site as there are dozens of styles and color combos to pick from, but here are a few to get started.

If you want to go more dedicated outfield glove check out this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My left handed 10u daughter who is very thin and average height needs to replace her 12” Mizuno Prospect. She plays mainly outfield but will on occasion play short stop and third. I expect she will be in the outfield in the future. Did a quick search this morning and found these options:

1. Marucci Magnolia 12” fielding glove ($80)
2. Louisville Slugger LXT 12.5” (grey with gold) ($80)
3. Rawlings HOH 12” PRO120SB-3B ($100)
4. Mizuno MVP Prime 12” ($60)

I am really tempted by the HOH but worry it may be too much glove for her. We won’t use it this season so we have plenty of time to break it in.
My left handed DD got her first Worth Liberty Advanced just before her 7th grade varsity season. That glove lasted through countless games and practices for school and TB. She is playing her senior year now and it has held it's shape to this day. She has taken care of it but it is one of the best pieces of equipment she has ever owned. It's now her back up since she got a Rawlings Liberty Advanced in her soon to be college colors before this HS season started. Both were 12.5's.

She won one of the Mizuno Prime Elite gloves and it is sitting in the closet. She broke it in and it just doesn't feel as good to her as the Libery Advanced.

Apr 30, 2018
I recommend getting several gloves preferably from brands from reputable company(s) that have a decent return policy. This way your DD can try them on. Have her pay attention to the fit of the hand and the fingers. If she has to spread her fingers out to the limits it won't be comfortable to use. If the glove is to heavy or too stiff she may not have the hand strength to squeeze it. Also most importantly which one looks best because she is a girl, LOL!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2012
DD has small hands, is also a leftie but is older.
she currently has a Rawlings Liberty Advanced 12.5 that she loves

Jan 22, 2011
I think it's a hair small for outfield use, but my 15yo lefty DD is on her 2nd 12" Liberty Worth Advanced and loves it. The first one lasted 4.5 years.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021
Thanks! I have twins and just went through this with my other daughter. She chose a Rawlings GG Elite. There aren’t many options locally for lefties so I have to order. There are some great deals for lefties!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13