GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I find the whole thing a bit odd.

My DD swings hard. Really hard. We hit balls 4+ days per week. Bat is still pristine.

Do they break because girls aren't hitting the sweet spot? Do they break because they are being used in cold weather? Are some people getting bats that aren't as good as the one we got?

EricF and I have talked about this a couple times as well...I don't think you get the full story from some folks about breaks.
And this isn't referring to anybody in this thread so nobody get mad or anything. I mean in general, you don't know the story
behind everybody's break for any bat. You dont get the correct amount of swings or what they are hitting, what temps
or if they their kid mishit something like a garage door :) (this was one customer of mine who finally admitted what
happened after complaining about a bat not lasting)

But in slowpitch I hear all the time about bats breaking every second...I don't see it at all. And heck, I swing pretty hard
and think I hit pretty well...and I don't break many. 2 this past year, but one was 3 years old with TONS of swings so that
was bound to go. And the other I was hitting 44 core balls to break it in and rubber malleting it to get to going because
it was stiff as heck...so I don't blame that either as I knew it would barely last the season.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
At $400 a pop, believe me if the kid was doing something preventable we would be preventing it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
At $400 a pop, believe me if the kid was doing something preventable we would be preventing it.

Again, that's why I said my statement was in general, not anybody in this thread.

How many times have I heard the bat only has 4 games on it...and then find out it had 4K bp and toss swings...haha.
I was at a demo day, and right next to me were 4 girls and their coach...smashing hardballs with their bats. The garage
guy I was telling you about. The endcap issues when girls hit the end or slam their bat down...haha. And as I mentioned
before, paint cracks that are returned because parents don't know the difference. Connection movement that isnt
wrong as apposed to connection movement that isn't right.
That's what I mean by the back stories that we don't know

May 24, 2013
So Cal
EricF and I have talked about this a couple times as well...I don't think you get the full story from some folks about breaks.
And this isn't referring to anybody in this thread so nobody get mad or anything. I mean in general, you don't know the story
behind everybody's break for any bat. You dont get the correct amount of swings or what they are hitting, what temps
or if they their kid mishit something like a garage door :) (this was one customer of mine who finally admitted what
happened after complaining about a bat not lasting)

But in slowpitch I hear all the time about bats breaking every second...I don't see it at all. And heck, I swing pretty hard
and think I hit pretty well...and I don't break many. 2 this past year, but one was 3 years old with TONS of swings so that
was bound to go. And the other I was hitting 44 core balls to break it in and rubber malleting it to get to going because
it was stiff as heck...so I don't blame that either as I knew it would barely last the season.

There's also the factor that manufacturing isn't precisely consistent, and (as has been mentioned previously) top-end bats are built more for performance than durability. As I have noted before, my DD has a blue Ghost that was used regularly (high-level TB schedule) for 15 mo without issues, she has a DS Ghost that went 14mo before finally showing some cracks, but was just a couple of months in to another DS (stars-and-stripes edition) before the barrel-handle joint came loose. Her pattern of use hasn't changed in all that time. That particular bat had an issue.

Mar 6, 2018
Again, that's why I said my statement was in general, not anybody in this thread.

Connection movement that isnt
wrong as apposed to connection movement that isn't right.
i posted a pic on prior page. DD's bat had a lot of flex at the connection back in Sept. I was certain there was an issue and just didn't peel back the rubber cover. I guess in my mind i thought it was sealed up and worried it would void warranty if i exposed it for a peek. Finally frustrated i peeled it back showing the crack. I couldnt really afford to send it back mid fall anyway so post season warranty is going to be better for us. I just wish I could have seen a few hits on a bat without the crack. (it had a lot of flex compared to teammates GA). I hit her some pop ups with it and it just seemed to absorb the ball when you hit the sweet spot. if you hit it a little lower it seemed to rocket off the bat. Very odd and made me curious to peel that cover back.

May 2, 2017
Our team loved the GA and yes we swing a lot but don't bats are not misused. For $450 retail it shouldn't be made of glass. The old Ghosts break too but seemed like the GA are even more fragile. Connection point is an issue.

Attachments

• 92b14faa-42c4-5f75-9848-1e1f9b437b4e.jpg
    92b14faa-42c4-5f75-9848-1e1f9b437b4e.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06