Game footage - finally got some!!!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8iwjG6QC8tGdnRmeGNsWFYtRmM/edit?usp=sharing

I was finally able to be at a game, and actually get some good footage. Don't even know what to do with myself. So, this video is one of my favorites ever. Warm Up Throw is her best time. Pop = 2.31 seconds and Handle = .9 seconds. First Base Stealer was 2.66. Had trouble getting it out of her mitt and throw was high. Second Base Stealer (or should I say...would be base stealer) was 2.5. The rest of the video is a shot of her shifting to block a ball that missed the spot by quite a bit. There's a shot of her receiving a few. But...MY FAVORITE...is the part where she comes out from behind the plate and starts shifting the defense around ALL BY HERSELF. Nobody told her to do anything. She just saw something and made them move. This is by far one of the best games she's ever had, because she also hit the ball really well. Thanks.

Josh

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I like it, too! Great job, to both you and mostly her. I had a 10U catcher throw down well enough, to send the runner back to 1st base, yesterday. These girls can do it.

May 1, 2011
Thanks Amy. She's been working so hard. Check out her hitting from last night (posted it a minute ago). She was dialed in last night.

Josh

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Watching the two steal attempts reveals an interesting fact. I estimated the first throw to be 1.33/2.70 (Ball Handling/Pop Time) seconds. Second throw was 1.16/2.53. Time in the air was the same (0.17 seconds) on both throws! While the hand work wasn't readily visible on the first steal attempt the one thing that I saw was the footwork. Watch as she steps to the left and swings her left foot way out before planting it. She cannot throw until her feet are on the ground. The second steal attempt you can see her stepping directly towards her target plant and throw. She was able to plant her feet in .93 seconds compared to 1.06 seconds in the first steal attempt. I always try to stress the importance of footwork to my catchers when we work on throws. (AFTER they are confident in their stance and basic throwing techniques!) Keeping the feet as close to the ground as possible gets more outs!

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Nice !!!

%282%29.gif

May 1, 2011
Would the stepping to the left have anything to do with the inside pitch being called on a lefty and her trying to create space?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA