Fury Platinum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
If your DD is all that, reach out to Dave Lotti. If she can make his team or even the next level down she will be seen by plenty of coaches. That way you don't have to wonder about what you're getting. Rhode Island Thunder.
Definitely don't think she is all that but I am familiar with the Thunder. They kicked my daughter's team's a$$ about a month ago. Our girls saw the jerseys and checked out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Normally I'd shy away from a new franchise in your area UNLESS, the head coach is a known entity. Example. Ken Fry of the East Coast Elite acquired a Batbusters franchise and they have done well. Small one or two team orgs often have trouble attracting large numbers to tryouts. Having a name others have heard seems to help bring more turnout. Good luck finding a team.

Sep 7, 2020
'Moving into xxx state' is normally code for 'one of the local teams' will now be in our org versus where ever they are today.

It exceeding rare that an org just comes into an area and tries to build a team from scratch.
It will be interesting to see if one of the local teams disappear in August.

Jun 27, 2021
Franchise team, no need to pay to be on the “other” team. I live in the South and they started a few regional franchise teams that are mediocre.

Jun 27, 2021
That's an ignorant response. Living in the south and laying judgment on a "few regional teams" there has zero relevance to this man's question or anything to do with the area you're inquiring about. PRSBoogie - Explore every option available to your daughter vigorously, our job is to open doors for our kids. If you don't like what you see, choose another door. Certainly don't close one based on some stranger regurgitating this "franchise team" nonsense

Apr 20, 2015
Actually I think its very relevant. Across the country rarely is a franchise version of a team as good as the original. For example batbusters in IN and IL, Impact outside of GA....its most often lipstick on a pig and more trouble and expense than its worth. Go in eyes open and don't expect an automatically great team because its a name.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Actually I think its very relevant. Across the country rarely is a franchise version of a team as good as the original. For example batbusters in IN and IL, Impact outside of GA....its most often lipstick on a pig and more trouble and expense than its worth. Go in eyes open and don't expect an automatically great team because its a name.

Agree..Firecrackers same thing. There are also a few TX Glory teams here in OK which are not that great. Do your HW..

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
Thanks for the responses. Absolutely need to be eyes wide open with any change. There are a few organizations that are standouts up here. One mentioned earlier is arguably the best in New England, especially for exposure.

Apr 20, 2015
Thanks for the responses. Absolutely need to be eyes wide open with any change. There are a few organizations that are standouts up here. One mentioned earlier is arguably the best in New England, especially for exposure.

RI thunder, Lady lightening Gold, Newtown Rock, NJ Intensity, team NY, have good reputations from the upper east coast. Im sure there are others but those are a few that come to mind.

Jun 27, 2021

Still not convincing using examples of other programs in other states, seems like a weird way to compare. Unless that team claims outright to be 'just as good' as the original, whatever that means, why is it relevant to say because they are an expansion team its probably lipstick on a pig? Never heard of them either, but are they proclaiming to be as good as another team in that org? Are they not allowed to be good on their own merits? Every program you mention was at one point, brand new. I hope they make it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06