funny mistakes you have made while working with your DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
This has nothing to do with the pandemic, was coaching a HS home game one night and my girls were doing everything exactly opposite of of the calls / signals I was giving them. When they came in the dugout after hitting in the bottom of the first I really chewed two girls out!

Same thing after the bottom of the second, this time I went OFF on all of them, turns out the other coach had new wrist cards made and he gave one to everyone but me! :rolleyes: Yeah Anna and a couple other smart *** girls had fun with that one!

this same thing happened to me. pulled out wrong coaches card before game. first girl on base I gave a sign too took off and was absolutely hosed at 2 bag. bigger girl that has never stolen a base even on a passed ball. I was all "what are you thinking?!"... turns out she was listening just fine to the play. now every time I say anything even remotely wrong i get "what are you thinking?!'...

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
this same thing happened to me. pulled out wrong coaches card before game. first girl on base I gave a sign too took off and was absolutely hosed at 2 bag. bigger girl that has never stolen a base even on a past ball. I was all "what are you thinking?!"... turns out she was listening just fine to the play. now every time I say anything even remotely wrong i get "what are you thinking?!'...
Hosed :LOL:

Feb 3, 2016
Funny to her.
When she was 7 I stopped our throwing session to explain the different parts of the glove and where she should try and catch the softball.

She didn't listen to a word I said and hit me in the face with the ball. I knew she was a softball player that second.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My mistakes were bigger then DD's.

I taught P DD to step back, which I did not know was ileagel. Figured it out and it was stopped.

She was under a lot of stress for various reasons, all off sudden she started stepping back again after a year. :)

AC on other Team said something on the side to me about her stepping back.

Jul 4, 2012
Showing pitching DD just how much spin I could create with a cannonball doing riseball flips, and I flipped it up. It hit me in the eye and pulled most of my eyelashes out. I had good spin though.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
I remember when DD was sorta 12U and starting to get serious about pitching. First PC we used was a HE kinda guy...so I would literally scream at DD in the backyard b/c she was not leading with her thumb. "YOU'LL NEVER BE A PITCHER WITH THE BALL LIKE THAT!! YOU CAN'T PULL THE BALL DOWN YOU HAVE TO PUSH IT DOWN!! YOU HAVE TO LEAD WITH YOUR THUMB AND 'SNAP' YOUR WRIST!!" We laugh about that all the time now.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I remember when DD was sorta 12U and starting to get serious about pitching. First PC we used was a HE kinda guy...so I would literally scream at DD in the backyard b/c she was not leading with her thumb. "YOU'LL NEVER BE A PITCHER WITH THE BALL LIKE THAT!! YOU CAN'T PULL THE BALL DOWN YOU HAVE TO PUSH IT DOWN!! YOU HAVE TO LEAD WITH YOUR THUMB AND 'SNAP' YOUR WRIST!!" We laugh about that all the time now.
I wonder how many others are like this still!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi