Frustration from a professional softball player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
Coogans, love the notion of a tour ! I'd buy a ticket if professional women's softball came to my town for a day or three, but get in the car and drive four to five hours - not likely. The college games in town are free ! Tough competition.

Jan 23, 2014
NPF does do some traveling. They've spent a couple of days in KC the last couple of years. I went the first year they were here and the Minor league stadium they were playing in was fairly full.

Feb 17, 2014
There's one problem I see with women's sports that men's sports does't have.

How many girls what to be professional athletes when they grow up? I know tons of girls that are going to play softball in college and to them that's where the dream ends. They just want to play in college.

Isn't it the dream of pretty much every little boy to play pro baseball or basketball or football?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
If Emily seems so deprived because of her gender, she can always have an adadictomy, but I don't think that will improve her situation.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
There's one problem I see with women's sports that men's sports does't have.

How many girls what to be professional athletes when they grow up? I know tons of girls that are going to play softball in college and to them that's where the current dream ends. They just want to play in college.

Isn't it the dream of pretty much every little boy to play pro baseball or basketball or football?

That is the catch-22 isn't it... how do you dream of becoming a pro-athlete is there isn't a place to be one. They dream of playing in college because that is the where the dream ends for most.

It isn't the same overseas for a lot of womans sports. There is a place to play beyond 22 years of age, and if you want to play until your knees give out, you can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01