Friday check in 10/9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Good Luck with games and hangover!

Rooting for our boys in blue. Go Royals!

I got to see George Bret play once, in Philly. Game 2 of the 1980 World Series, in the very last row in nosebleed section. Philly had Lefty Carlton on the mound for the win, Pete Rose on 1B and Mike Schmidt on 3B. Bret and Schmidt both won MVP that year and got to the Series. Best year ever for 3B. For you country music fans, Tug McGraw got the save for the Phillies that game. Yes, Tim's father.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I'm stuck in LaGuardia airport now. Got here 2 hours early for a 7:30 flight. Now we will be lucky if the flight leaves by Midnight. Probably won't. DW has to drive from Madison to Milwaukee to pick me up after 1 AM. Oh, and she worked a 6:30 AM shift this morning. Then drank coffee to stay awake when it looked like the flight was going to be only 30-60 minutes late...

Not a great start to a trip.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Had a friendly double header scrimmage against Force (San Marcos) today. The girls played well, DD had a solid defensive showing playing 1st and Catcher. She just couldn't get her bat going and went 2-4. K,BB,ground out to the pitcher and a RBI double. Tomorrow we host another double header friendly against SOC Storm. Hopefully DD'S hitting improves.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm stuck in LaGuardia airport now. Got here 2 hours early for a 7:30 flight. Now we will be lucky if the flight leaves by Midnight. Probably won't. DW has to drive from Madison to Milwaukee to pick me up after 1 AM. Oh, and she worked a 6:30 AM shift this morning. Then drank coffee to stay awake when it looked like the flight was going to be only 30-60 minutes late...

Not a great start to a trip.

Have you checked the cost if you used Über?

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
We went 4-1 and our only loss was to WinThemAll's team, and it wasn't close. That is a great squad!! Nice meeting you and great job!!

Nice meeting you too! You guys did great! I think that I will change my screen name to "Off-n-On" that how we rolled this weekend. You guys had some really nice speedsters on your team.

Dec 27, 2014
DD's rec soccer team played a tournament this weekend and came in 2nd. Five games total. In the semi, and finals game on Sunday, dd did not come off the field. After two early mornings, and five games playing in a wacky combination of sun, rain and more rain, DD was mentally shot. Afterwards, I even let her blow off a planned pitch session with me. DW was impressed. ;)