Friday check in 10/9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
No softball for us this weekend. We're keeping my DD home from practice Sunday because of her tendon issues.

My other DD plays baseball. She has a game tonight and a game Saturday, and possibly practice Sunday.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Gold Diamond Showcase in Kissimmee Friday through Saturday. I have 5 pitchers and a friend with another 18U team has only 1 available. So my girls will pick up some innings.

Jake left SC on Wednesday when they closed the school through the weekend due to the flooding. She said the picture do not do it justice. She took her cleats and glove and drove the 7 hours to Chiploa to see her cuz and to get some bull pen work. She will head to Atalanta this weekend to see Chiploa play Georgia Tech. I think she wishes she could get some circle time in that one. :)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
This is the weekend I have been waiting for. As you may or may not remember, my dd decided that softball was done for her after HS, but after 2weeks in college she decided that she still wanted to play and tried out for the club team. They are something like 12-1 on the season and ranked 8th in the country (among club teams). My wife and I are visiting my dd this weekend and we get to watch some softball. Its been the end of May since we have seen her play. So we are very excited to watch the new team. Plus we are celebrating our 27th anniversary, which is nice.

Very happy for my DD with this team. She decided she wanted to do it, knew no one on the team. Went to the tryout and did everything she needed to do on her own. No parent help, no coaches who know who she is, no reputation helping her out. Just went out and did it. Very happy for her.

BTW for other kids who are not interested in the college softball grind, this is a great alternative. The competition is better then HS, the girls are all serious about the game, but the obligation is not as big as The College Team. My dds team; They practice 3 times a week, you must attend at least 2. They play triple headers on the weekends and go to some tourneys. The National Club Softball Association has well over 100 teams, they host a National Tourney in the spring, there is a full website with team info, stats and conference standings across the country. Its been a good thing for my dd.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DH and DD head to Plano this weekend for a showcase. I hate not being able to go but I will be staying home with the boys. We will probably go watch the HS football game tomorrow (they are one of the top teams in Texas)...they are playing another top team in Texas. Should be good game but this team is playing without some key players and their head coach due to being suspended for brawl on field at the last game.

Anyhow, supposed to be gorgeous weather in Plano. Wishing DD and her team the BOL!

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
First tourney as a 14U in Plainville, MA this weekend! Forecast is a balmy high of 61F. We won't have too many more chances to play outside... tourney's stop at the end of the month.

DD is with the same club as last year, but they merged two of the teams to form this one, so it'll be the first time this group has played together as a unit. Great bunch of girls, so hopefully they gel quickly and have a good weekend!

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD1 practice Sat/Sun. DD2 team has a 1 day tourney but she will miss because of school volleyball...gasp!

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
This is the weekend I have been waiting for. As you may or may not remember, my dd decided that softball was done for her after HS, but after 2weeks in college she decided that she still wanted to play and tried out for the club team. They are something like 12-1 on the season and ranked 8th in the country (among club teams). My wife and I are visiting my dd this weekend and we get to watch some softball. Its been the end of May since we have seen her play. So we are very excited to watch the new team. Plus we are celebrating our 27th anniversary, which is nice.

Very happy for my DD with this team. She decided she wanted to do it, knew no one on the team. Went to the tryout and did everything she needed to do on her own. No parent help, no coaches who know who she is, no reputation helping her out. Just went out and did it. Very happy for her.

BTW for other kids who are not interested in the college softball grind, this is a great alternative. The competition is better then HS, the girls are all serious about the game, but the obligation is not as big as The College Team. My dds team; They practice 3 times a week, you must attend at least 2. They play triple headers on the weekends and go to some tourneys. The National Club Softball Association has well over 100 teams, they host a National Tourney in the spring, there is a full website with team info, stats and conference standings across the country. Its been a good thing for my dd.

Congrats on your 27th!!!!

Jun 7, 2013
In the cold weather state of MN, softball is fairly well shutdown for now. So, for me, it's time to partake in other enjoyable activities (i.e. cards with the guys; long bike ride with a friend, movies, etc.). As for my DDs, with the completion of the school tennis season and fall softball, they are now lazy, candy eating, and TV watching junkies. We'll see how long it lasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach