Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
You're just trying to show off the Pythons..... :cool:

On a serious note, the boy has a nice looking swing.
Yeah..garden snakes is more appropriate. Seriously though, I was just trying to show what a natural 1st move to balance looks like..it isn't perfect obviously but like I said I haven't told him anything other than try and get into a good stance.

Oct 2, 2017
If the first move you make is off you are cooked..That said my 6 YO has a better first move then my 11 YO so I obviously have no idea what goes into it other than I haven't told him anything... :cautious:

I was watching, I don't know if it was 12u or 14u boys warming up before the game. I said to myself, it seems like boys just flat out move different, when fielding, throwing, hitting you name it. It made me wonder, are boys simply less over coached mechanically than girls?

Jun 8, 2016
I was watching, I don't know if it was 12u or 14u boys warming up before the game. I said to myself, it seems like boys just flat out move different, when fielding, throwing, hitting you name.
For the most part, I agree with that as well. I think their brains shut off more and they just go and do things, if that makes sense. If a kid is athletic, it will come out in his movements and it is harder to coach it out of them.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Free hands while getting leveraged and showing "down to"

sXPb07L.gif

I like them low hands.

Oct 2, 2017
For the most part, I agree with that as well. I think their brains shut off more and they just go and do things, if that makes sense. If a kid is athletic, it will come out in his movements and it is harder to coach it out of them.
Agree, It may be athleticism, part of me says its swag if you know what I mean LOL. Love the brain shutting off and just doing it. Makes total sense to me. Not knocking girls by the way for anyone reading LOL.

Jun 8, 2016
Agree, It may be athleticism, part of me says its swag if you know what I mean LOL. Not knocking girls by the way for anyone reading LOL
I didn't mean boys are more athletic, only that they don't listen like girls do to bad advice they may be given hence whatever athleticism they have isn't shut off.. :LOL: That is obviously a generalization but I do think girls, at the younger ages especially, do actually try harder to do what they are told to do...

Oct 2, 2017
I didn't mean boys are more athletic, only that they don't listen like girls do to bad advice they may be given hence whatever athleticism they have isn't shut off.. :LOL: That is obviously a generalization but I do think girls, at the younger ages especially, do actually try harder to do what they are told to do...
LOL, maybe thats true.

Sorry to derail from the Original topic

Apr 30, 2018
If the first move you make is off you are cooked..That said my 6 YO has a better first move then my 11 YO so I obviously have no idea what goes into it other than I haven't told him anything... :cautious:

You pitch well for a virus. Most I've been around would never get it over the plate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi