Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Free hands while getting leveraged and showing "down to"

sXPb07L.gif
Same pitch? What does she look like on a ball on the inner half?

Oct 2, 2017
One thing that stands out to me, is that Jennings and those who are really consistent, have excellent timing of the upper and lower body. We often talk about mechanics of the 2 but, rarely do I here discussed the importance of syncing it all timing wise.

Jun 8, 2016
One thing that stands out to me, is that Jennings and those who are really consistent, have excellent timing of the upper and lower body. We often talk about mechanics of the 2 but, rarely do I here discussed the importance of syncing it all timing wise.
That is sequence, right? For me it is the easiest thing to see when it is off but may be the hardest thing to TEACH a kid to do correctly in a game...

Oct 2, 2017
That is sequence, right? For me it is the easiest thing to see when it is off but may be the hardest thing to TEACH a kid to do correctly in a game...
Yes, I guess your right, that its just sequence. Hardest part to teach them to perform it in the game is true. I think part of that is 1- they have to get to the point where they own their UFA's. I cant tell you how many times, I see kids changing their starting movements each at bat, or pitch for that matter. Changing changes all the sequence. 2 - possibly could be making the parts of the sequence mechanical instead of natural responses to whats happening in sequence. if that makes sense.

Since being a AC, I can tell you I have seen more consistency telling hitters, you have to start early enough to be able to get to your spot each and every time, based on your own swing and trust yourself to get there. Often times, they do not trust themselves to start early enough. Its being able to get to your spot to be able to know how to self adjust when you are behind or out in front. I simply ask them were you late, on time, or early. by their response, they can then recognize what they have to do to adjust.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Yes, I guess your right, that its just sequence. Hardest part to teach them to perform it in the game is true. I think part of that is 1- they have to get to the point where they own their UFA's. I cant tell you how many times, I see kids changing their starting movements each at bat, or pitch for that matter. Changing changes all the sequence. 2 - possibly could be making the parts of the sequence mechanical instead of natural responses to whats happening in sequence. if that makes sense.

Since being a AC, I can tell I have seen more consistency telling hitters, you have to start early enough to be able to get to your spot each and every time, based on your own swing and trust yourself to get there.
If the first move you make is off you are cooked..That said my 6 YO has a better first move then my 11 YO so I obviously have no idea what goes into it other than I haven't told him anything... :cautious:

Last edited:
May 21, 2018
If the first move you make is off you are cooked..That said my 6 YO has a better first move then my 11 YO so I obviously have no idea what goes into it other than I haven't told him anything... :cautious:

You're just trying to show off the Pythons..... :cool:

On a serious note, the boy has a nice looking swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802