Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Oh and btw, I don't think I ever referred to it as sequencing back then :)... just picking that front foot up and putting it back down on time

Jun 8, 2016
Oh and btw, I don't think I ever referred to it as sequencing back then :)... just picking that front foot up and putting it back down on time
I don't think it is quite as simple as just getting the foot down on time (and maybe that isn't what you meant). I mean if a hitter sequences correctly in BP etc, then sure, in a game the timing aspect will play a big part. However there are hitters who don't sequence correctly regardless of the situation...

May 12, 2016
I don't think it is quite as simple as just getting the foot down on time (and maybe that isn't what you meant). I mean if a hitter sequences correctly in BP etc, then sure, in a game the timing aspect will play a big part. However there are hitters who don't sequence correctly regardless of the situation...
Sequencing is much more than getting your foot down on time... I'm just saying when I played I was not aware of all the technical aspects, which maybe meant I had a pretty crappy swing :)... however it was more my natural ability, not what I was instructed. For me personally, hands back and foot down on time put me in a good position.

Don't know if that makes sense or not

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The first move or UFA is what sets the stage for dynamic balance.. It may be as simple as setup posture... Unfortunately most of the troubleshotting attempts occur during the move out vs the first move..

Jun 8, 2016
Unfortunately most of the troubleshotting attempts occur during the move out vs the first move..
Agree, not sure how much you follow Latta but he is adamant against any sort of backshift as a first move and does mention how small posture fixes can help a bunch. Not saying that is the bible, only that he recognizes the importance of a proper first move.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Agree, not sure how much you follow Latta but he is adamant against any sort of backshift as a first move and does mention how small posture fixes can help a bunch. Not saying that is the bible, only that he recognizes the importance of a proper first move.

I have viewed some of his stuff.. His lead side usage appears to be lacking..

Jun 8, 2016
I have viewed some of his stuff.. His lead side usage appears to be lacking..
Yeah, he basicallly wants to eliminate it for the most part. Stay on a line and hit through the ball..get out of the shoulders. I don't think it is a bad concept per se but for me, with Marcela, I am most interested in his emphasis on balance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee