"Forever" Glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My dd has the Mizuno only with the full web pocket. 5 years of travel combine with 4 years of HS, 1 year of university club play. I had it relaced 2 years ago. The glove is still in great shape.

That's great! Your experience is vastly different than mine. My DD's Miz MVP-SE lasted 1 year of 10U rec, all-stars, and fall select. Do you happen to have a pic of your DD's glove?

May 13, 2015
Additional observations about the Miz MVP series...The natural/brown models appear to use a slightly thicker leather than the colored "SE" versions, which lends itself to a little more structure and (expected) durability. My DD had a white MVP-SE in 10U rec ball. It lasted about a year. Another thing we have noticed in both her previous MVP fielder's glove and her current MVP catcher's mitt is that the finger stalls are unlined (typical of low to mid-range gloves) which leads to "pilling" of the suede-side leather on the back of the fingers. It can feel a little funky after a while.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I think the Miz MVP-series is a good mid-level choice that will serve most players just fine. It's not a "forever" glove, but that's reflected in the price tag.

My daughters gmvp1200f2 is lined. I think there are a few differences between these and the colored SE's. I agree is not a forever glove but a mid range one.

May 13, 2015
My daughters gmvp1200f2 is lined. I think there are a few differences between these and the colored SE's. I agree is not a forever glove but a mid range one.

Well now after looking at it only the back side (top of fingers) is lined.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The ME024-M is a nice glove. Big benefits of it being lighter and cooler than a full leather one like the BV1929-L, though with the exception of catchers mitts my daughter at 10u had no issue handling a full leather one.

Kip leather will be heavier and harder to break in, but will usually last longer.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Well now after looking at it only the back side (top of fingers) is lined.

Interesting. It seems that there is more variety than I expected in the MVP-series gloves. Both of the ones we've had direct experience with are definitely unlined. Thanks for your info.

Oct 26, 2015
I know I am a bit late to this thread, but have you considered the Mizuno Classic (used to be called Classic Pro Soft) series? The quality is definitely a big improvement over the Mizuno Franchise or MVP series. It is not the highest end that Mizuno makes (Global Elite), but I have been very impressed with the quality that I have seen out of them.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know I am a bit late to this thread, but have you considered the Mizuno Classic (used to be called Classic Pro Soft) series? The quality is definitely a big improvement over the Mizuno Franchise or MVP series. It is not the highest end that Mizuno makes (Global Elite), but I have been very impressed with the quality that I have seen out of them.

My experience with the Mizuno Classic has been quite the opposite, Our TB team is sponsored my Mizuno and I know over half the the girls use the Classic model. New they are nice gloves but they are labeled as Classic soft and that's exactly what they are. Very oil infused leather that gets rag floppy in no time! Some of the ones on our team are bad, I think dangerous in fact, but the girls love them....

To the OP, here's a couple of great deals from Cheapbats.com on the Global Elite series, blows the Classic Soft model away!! These are baseball gloves, the fastpitch model is sold out.

Mizuno Global Elite Baseball Glove 12" GGE10

Mizuno Global Elite Baseball Glove 12" GGE11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors