"Forever" Glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2016
We've had it for a few weeks now, and I'm still in this boat... I'm trying like hell to get that thick palm pad to loosen or flex enough for her to be able to close it... Quality for sure, but dang! I'm trying like crazy to form the right fold over spot or crease as well so it goes thumb to pinky'ish (actuall probably 80/20 pinky/ring finger), but right now it wants to fold thumb to index finger....

I'm just continuing to work it with the shoe-shine method and mallet. We leave it strapped shut with ball inside pocket too. At this point we can't even play catch with it yet... I think this glove may last forever or it may be forever before we get it broke in... But I'd rather put the work in now and know it's a quality product than play right away and pay for it later with a floppy glove...

Just keep working at it. I went at the glove for about three weeks every night and it's super soft now.
Still not as soft as DD's old glove so she complains, but she used the glove in practice yesterday with no problems.
It went from too stiff to perfect almost overnight for me.

Jul 25, 2016
We just got an RV1961-L from Drakemir last week, this glove is fantastic. I put the conditioner on it, wrapped it around a ball for a couple days, and then we started playing catch. A lot of catch. It's almost ready for her to use in practices (not games). She loves it so much, she actually wanted to use it for tryouts this past weekend, but, no, that would have been crazy.

Thanks Drakemir!

Jun 21, 2016
I got DD's in such great shape that she's now used it in two games (pitching). Looks like a Million bucks. Thanks Drakemir. What a fantastic glove.

May 28, 2014
Not a problem man, I always tell people when they first handle the Vinci's - the break in can be a PITA - but once it's past that it's one of the best gloves on the market. Glad she likes it!

Drake/Dave

I got DD's in such great shape that she's now used it in two games (pitching). Looks like a Million bucks. Thanks Drakemir. What a fantastic glove.

Feb 17, 2013
South Texas
Update.... We finally got the glove usable, but wow what a break-in period. I still don't think it's really completely broke in, it's just usable. I worked it, beat it, bent it, and played a lot of catch with her... She appreciates it, and takes care of it. Great glove and should last her forever, or for a very very very long time...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez