For the love of Friday Check in 3/11/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Already up in Columbia as the Gamecocks start SEC Conference play vs Kentucky.

ETA - Ouch! Some days your are the windshield, some days you are the bug.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
Opening day is tomorrow and just got back from checking out the fields. If we get less weather than forecast today, then we should be good to go tomorrow.

Going to take a journey down to the River at the Springsteen show Sunday night.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm more excited about the big show I'm going go to in Richmond, Indiana next weekend. Headlined by Pauly, Hillhouse, and Balswick. Produced by Coach James.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
HS practice here on Long Island on Saturday from 8am to 10am then going to watch Dowling at Adelphi DII Softball at 12...then watching Dowling at home on Sunday at 12. My former catcher in HS is the head coach at Dowling!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Saturday - Scrimmage game against the team that shares one of our practice fields (I had tried to recruit the HC's DD before he started the team).

Sunday - 4 friendlies at BLD in Chino Hills. One game is against a former rec teammate, which means DD is extra motivated to kick @$$.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Wow. Nothing doing this weekend!! Sleep and hang on to that hour that is going away this weekend. I'm the one that is hanging on to it kicking and screaming. ;)

Might have practice Sunday with TB team. Oh and it's the kids' Spring Break. Not mine. :(

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Had a tourney near our pitching lesson so we scheduled to do both. Rain cancelled tourny so they put us in one 5 hours the other way. Trying to figure out how to save the lesson and make the tourney too! Such is the life of a softball parent! :)

Sep 18, 2011
Great weather here. High school tryouts start on Monday. Going to watch the Gamecocks unleash hell on the Wildcats this weekend on ESPN3 (or whatever it's called). Go Jake!!

Aug 26, 2015
1st game of the season tomorrow. 1st season as HC and I think I've went through my batting order and my defensive positions about 3,000 times too many at this point. We got crushed in our grapefruit game as I planned. Hoping my plan continues to work and the girls finish within 2 runs as we keep learning and growing together. Then, DD has a pickup game at 1:30 that I'll miss.. 2 practices Sunday and 1 pitching lesson that I have to observe. Nothing left to be done on Monday except sleep (FINALLY).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom