Flosoft ranking the 2021 class

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You're pointing the finger at the wrong guy...
My DD is playing for the love of the game.
After seeing what we did last summer and fall in travel ball, she found the best fit for a college, and chose that one.
Flying across the country to play in front of Super Awesome U., to try to get a scholarship and her name on a ranking list...never happened.

Didn't mean to point fingers, was just responding to your post. I have modified my post to be more inclusive.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
When does the top 100 of 8u players coming out? I want to see if my daughter made the team.

I am sure there are some very talented girls that are on the list. Congratulations to all the girls that made the top 100.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
sorry- old fart alert-I fail to see the value in ranking 8th graders, or even HS players. this isn't a pro-draft.
so much can change/happen from year to year let alone in a few years of HS.

I agree with "Bring on the U8 rankings"! it makes as much sense.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
When does the top 100 of 8u players coming out? I want to see if my daughter made the team.

I am sure there are some very talented girls that are on the list. Congratulations to all the girls that made the top 100.

The 8u rankings will come out just after the Elite Platinum 8u Showcase this weekend... :)

Dec 28, 2014
It's about who you play for and the coach pumping up their players. Know several girls on the list that prove my point.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
sorry- old fart alert-I fail to see the value in ranking 8th graders, or even HS players. this isn't a pro-draft.
so much can change/happen from year to year let alone in a few years of HS.

If they were really accurate, I'd be fine with it. Sports like tennis and golf and track and swimming - which can rank players/athletes very objectively using competition data - have rankings like these all the way back to 10U and further. There's a website called TennisRecruiting.net that ranks tennis prospects starting in the 6th grade, and they're very solid. It's possible to identify the best 10 sixth-grade tennis players with reasonable accuracy. So that provides the players with accurate information about where they stand and what is realistic for them as far as college tennis goes.

But you can't come anywhere close to replicating that in softball. Too hard and subjective to evaluate softball. More harm than good comes out of it.

Nov 18, 2013
I think the list has some merit. FloSoftball is pretty active in the fastpitch community and they work with OnDeck so he sees and hears about most of the top girls. Clearly it’s not an exact ranking, but I think it identifies many of the top players. It’s not quite as simple as paying for a subscription or having a coach pump up a player (although I’m sure that doesn’t hurt). I liken it to MLB all star games. someone deserving always misses out, but the ones that do make it are still pretty darn good. No, DD never made the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad