Floppy Nokona Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
DD's three year old Nokona is becoming floppy. She always has a ball in it in her bag. Never throws it. Gently places it down on the ground inside facing down. In this weekend's tournament she caught a fly ball in RF near were I was standing but as she did I saw her glove flop backwards and she almost dropped the ball. It's the black Buckaroo 12.50 glove. Do you think all it needs is a re-lace? I checked Nokona's website and it's only $55 to re-lace, and this time around she can choose a different color!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Check the stiffness of the leather. My DD's Mizuno glove was used so much that I could literally bend the fingers backwards. Not sure a relace would fix that, and since it was a cheap glove ($60), it was easier to buy her a new glove. A Nokona is a really nice glove, so relacing may be a good option.

Oct 10, 2011
It could need more than that...I just had my mizuno repaired and it had a broken thumb stay. For 55.00 I had the laces redone, some new padding and the broken piece replaced from a good bro named Rous on the SBF website. Better than new now...

Jun 21, 2010
Ok. I'll just send it in to Nokona and have them look it over and see what they think. That's if DD will let me. Last time I mentioned getting her glove re-laced she said it would stiffen up her glove and she liked it the way it is. I don't like floppy gloves and watching her almost drop that fly ball made me and several teammates nervous! Her teammates actually said that it made them nervous. Can't have that.

Feb 17, 2011
Re lacing will help stiffen it up for sure. Use 1/4" on web and fingers 3/16 on palm/wrist section and keep a ball like you have in it. But will it last don't really know I've read lower end nokona gloves get floppy over time. If you lived around here i'd do it free minus lace cost just so i can see how long it lasts for comparison lol.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
DD's Nokona came back Friday. First practice of the year yesterday and she said it felt as it always did. Even Nokona told me there would be stiffness, but DD insist it's fine. Turn around time was about a month, so I'm glad we got it in when we did. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Reactions: 444

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD's Nokona came back Friday. First practice of the year yesterday and she said it felt as it always did. Even Nokona told me there would be stiffness, but DD insist it's fine. Turn around time was about a month, so I'm glad we got it in when we did. Just in case anyone was wondering.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the charge to relace it? Did they do any other repairs?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414