Flamethrower and the other 8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
Have a pitcher on our team who is in the top percentile. No hitters are frequent. If your DD was on this team , would she continue? Point being, maybe your DD is the best ss around, but nothing is hit to her with this phenom. The bats are are good, but if you only need one run, there is nothing speciial. Wondering if I should move on.

Oct 18, 2009
Be careful for what you wish for. Good pitching is key to a successful team. Maybe the team is playing at a level below what they should be?

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
It depends on your DD's end goals. The top players often move on to the teams with the highest goals that fit the player's goals and the family's income and travel abilities. Don't know where your current team stands. Some things will even out between the pitcher and the best hitters. No guarantee the young pitcher will stay put either.

Jun 19, 2012
I agree, in fact my DD is a pitcher as well, but we know her abilities. Cool with being the no. 2 pitcher and no.1 ss on the team, but frustrated that whatever she does at the plate doesn't matter since after one or two runs it's over.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This kid is able to blow it by everyone all the way to the championship game every tournament?

If so, then your team is sandbagging. Your coach should go out and find tournaments where you get smacked around a little...even play up to 14U.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
I agree, in fact my DD is a pitcher as well, but we know her abilities. Cool with being the no. 2 pitcher and no.1 ss on the team, but frustrated that whatever she does at the plate doesn't matter since after one or two runs it's over.

It does matter. When was the last time any team won a 0-0 game? Anyway, there are lots of teams. No harm in looking unless the coaches have a stick up their rear about that kind of thing. If that's the case, too bad for them.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
This kid is able to blow it by everyone all the way to the championship game every tournament?

If so, then your team is sandbagging. Your coach should go out and find tournaments where you get smacked around a little...even play up to 14U.

There is truth in this too. This is something the OP needs to consider. They know best why they play the tournaments they do and if it really fits their needs.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Good 12u and 14u teams here rarely play their age division, but can be found in a higher age bracket. If your pitcher is lights out the players arent being challenged, as you experienced.

i think you should have a clear understanding from the coach of his plan/goals/expectations next year. Losing is ok to better teams, blowing away the competition repeatedly, is pointless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish