Fl. 14, az 3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
UofA will have a rather soft schedule early on. Maybe girls will get healthy. If not, this will be miserable.

When I coached at Springfield College (IL.) the girl that I recruited to pitch, got hit in her face, senior year. This was like year 2000. She never pitched again. She was gun shy.

After I took a direct hit in the face mask, it took me 3 days to get over it emotionally. I wasn't hurt, because the Gameface saved me. But the after effect felt like I had been in a car wreck. I was 55 at the time, so maybe girls in their 20s can shake it off. But, personally, I have never pitched w/o a net in front of me, since then.

I really hate to see "dads" throwing meat balls up to girls of any age, now. (From the front) Some don't even have on a glove.

I was talking to a coach of an 18U Gold team on Sunday. He was preparing to throw some BP to a couple of his girls. He was wearing what looked like a plastic umpires cap. He told me earlier in the week he was pitching batting practice to his team from behind a screen, and was apparently not behind the screen enough as he took a line drive to the head. He said he was still suffering from concussion symptoms.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
By the way a North Texas freshmen pitcher I saw on TV this weekend wore a face mask. Apparently there wasn’t “a reason” she wore a face mask she just did. It was unusual enough where the announcers were talking about it the next game and how it probably will become a trend in the coming years. We will see.

Here's hoping.

Apr 1, 2010
UofA will have a rather soft schedule early on. Maybe girls will get healthy. If not, this will be miserable.

When I coached at Springfield College (IL.) the girl that I recruited to pitch, got hit in her face, senior year. This was like year 2000. She never pitched again. She was gun shy.

After I took a direct hit in the face mask, it took me 3 days to get over it emotionally. I wasn't hurt, because the Gameface saved me. But the after effect felt like I had been in a car wreck. I was 55 at the time, so maybe girls in their 20s can shake it off. But, personally, I have never pitched w/o a net in front of me, since then.

I really hate to see "dads" throwing meat balls up to girls of any age, now. (From the front) Some don't even have on a glove.

The weather was nice enough here to practice outside for the first time. Yea! Unfortunately, the wind chill is 4 today. Boo!

But I digress. DD's team's coach says he doesn't feel comfortable pitching bp anymore without protection. Before pitching to them, he put on a catching helmet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck