Firstpitch Pitching Machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I wish you were in Tucson. You could borrow my Jugs. All I know about the Jugs company is that they have very good customer service.
Why don't you call Firstpitch and ask about warranty, customer returns, availability of parts, etc. and see how they sound?

I never use a machine for batting practice and mine hasn't been out of the garage for 4 years. They are heavy and I can't even talk men into hauling it around for outfield practice.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I wish you were in Tucson. You could borrow my Jugs. All I know about the Jugs company is that they have very good customer service.
Why don't you call Firstpitch and ask about warranty, customer returns, availability of parts, etc. and see how they sound?

I never use a machine for batting practice and mine hasn't been out of the garage for 4 years. They are heavy and I can't even talk men into hauling it around for outfield practice.

I wish I was in Tucson too! I would definitely haul it around for you in exchange for use. I'm more interested in using a machine for outfield practice than for hitting. My DD is an outfielder, and always complains I either hit the ball too far away from her (can't get to it) or too close to her (too easy of a catch). I'm just not a good enough hitter to put the ball far enough away that she has to run for it but close enough that she can actually get to it. I'm hoping the consistency of a machine will allow us to improve the quality of our practices.

Jul 26, 2010
Get a machine that can pitch real seamed balls if you use it for outfield practice, and then invest in a bucket or two of kevlar seamed practice balls. They are less accurate then the dimple ball pitching machines, but if you're not using it for pitching practice this isn't a problem. (Atec Rookie works good for this).

-W

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
For OF practice, try this - Baseball Pitching Machines Softball Pitching Machine I know that it looks ridiculous and I would have been the first one to poo poo it, but 2 families that I know have one and they have stood up to 12 kids for 3 years. All ages love it. Plus, anyone can use it to help the kids.

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely look into it. My only concern is whether it can really throw a 12" softball 150 feet into the outfield. Thanks again.

Oct 19, 2009
Where my daughter takes pitching lesson they use the Jugs Lite-Flight and at first I thought it was not all that good, but over time they have won me over. It weighs 35 lbs, throws balls up to 55 MPH throws a variet of pitches and it cost about $350.00, I think.

It will not throw real balls or the dimple balls, but throws the Light-Flight ball, plactic balls, both baseball and softball size. Some times the instructor will use 2 next to each other machine throws high balls and one low ball, or inside out side, and one slow and one fast and take turns feeding the balls to the 2 machines, not giving the batter heads up.

The one thing I do not like is does not throw real or dimple balls, but it works good and they are used daily with no problems.

Best for the ypunger kids, but works for both.

May 2, 2012
I realize I'm a little late to this party but I saw your post while researching something else. Our travel team has 3 of the firstpitch machines. My team in particular has been using the same machine for 2 years at least once a week. We throw jugs balls and regular softballs and have had no major problems with the machine. It will throw both 60 mph+. I have clocked it with my radar gun. Minor issues include breaking the on/off switch throwing it into the truck and breaking the plastic handles on the leg tightening bolts. Both issues were easily resolved with a little backyard ingenuity. It is well worth the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish