First session with a PC/What to expect?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Hal, I don't know where you got that my dd is teaching to stop the arm circle at the hip. Basically, she learned off of Bill Hillhouse's DVDs but has included some stuff she learned while helping the college pitchers. She has somehow become a backup catcher for pitching practice and all of the pitchers ask her how to correct stuff. For example the leg drive stuff I mentioned is the stuff Bill has on his DVD. DD is not a hello elbow coach. I noted that there is a relationship between the wrist/arm and the hip. Do you argue that there isn't? This young lady is not a pitcher and, before this lesson, kept hitting herself in the hip with the ball.

Hal, I appreciate the respectful debate. It is nice to have this discussion without it becoming an attack one way or another. I do appreciate it.

DD's video has been online (YouTube) and so, anyone can go and see how she pitched. Even thought she isn't pitching in college, her motion enabled her to have an outstanding career in the circle.

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
CB,

Not singling out your daughter at all. That liability stuff applies to me, Bill, whomever else. Anyone giving instruction CAN be sued for what they teach if a Dr says it caused an injury. That landing foot coming down at 90 degrees has caused major knee injuries even in my area' being helped off the field and one carried off the field because of that.

If the instructor teaches that, boo - hiss - boo on that instructor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00