First Pitch!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
2012-05-03_18-17-13_740.jpg

Yes this is my DD.....been coaching her for about 7 years now and this is the first year she decided she wanted to try pitching. She lost her position at 2nd base this year and told me she wanted back into the infield. Well she figured her only way in was pitching since we have no depth. Started pitching lessons about 6 weeks ago and she was trying on her own for about 10 weeks. She finally got her inning to shine, 3 K's (only 7 batters, 2 walks, 1 base hit and she hit a batter). Not bad for her first time throwing with a batter and game time.

I was proud and so where the other coaches.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Welcome to the ranks of "Pitchers Dad"! Buckle your seatbelt and just hand your wallet to DD (for lessons), you are in for the ride of your life! The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - it's worth every second.

Oh, congratulations to your DD, sounds like she had a good first inning!

Jul 28, 2008
Daddies don't your daughters grow up to be pitchers. Let them be outfielders, infielders and catchers and such. ;)

Have fun!

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Notice 3rd base is a blonde......got to teach her every pitch, over and over. I think she was amazed also and watching because she is the other rising pitcher to fill our two empty spots next year. She probably is one of the top five hardest throwing 13 year old I have ever coached.

Anyways, yes I was nervous more than HG (my daughter). She did well but still has a long road ahead.

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877