First Base Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
Looking for a few recommendations for a first base glove. Daughter 15 typical positions are Pitcher and 2nd but she got to play first as a pick up player once last year and now starting 1st for varsity. I know it is not exactly necessary to have the special mitt for first but hey she is Daddy's girl so a little spoiling does not hurt when she deserves it.

I have no clue, not my expertise except on how to tell most of my players how to play there (even then I get it wrong sometimes)....but give me some first hand experiences on what to look for and what to stay away from.

Thank you

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
She might be better off using her current P/2B glove, especially if she doesn't play much 1B.

Well see she is now. Starter at 1st and relief pitcher for varsity playing about 18 games with 2 tournaments not including play offs. Also she has decided to move over to a more competitive team (the one that wants her for 1st and be a relief pitcher). So it will be a worthy investment. If she decides not to use it I just throw it in my equipment pile for TB team, it will get used.

Thanks for the info and let the search begin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877