Finch Windmill......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My neighbor, whose DD used to pitch before she went to college, called me the other day and said he had a Finch Windmill in mint condition collecting dust in his basement and that he "would make me an offer I can't refuse"......so $125 later, I own one and have no idea what to do with it. I will check online for some videos, but thought I would ask in case any DFP members DD's have used one in the past and have any helpful hints!

Thing1Thing2

Softball
Jan 25, 2013
Georgia
We have one... LOVE it!!! We put our up in the garage and they use it there. It only takes a couple of minutes to do the whole routine. The DVD it came with is really helpful. That's a great price!! My only recommendation is to put it somewhere it will get used.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't have one, but I want one. I can't think of anywhere in the house that I can put it. But $350.00 isn't bad. Use it inside, resell it like new, for $250.00. The one on Ebay is listed at $259.00.

There are too many things that could go wrong, using weighted balls. Plus, are you really going to do that? I can do something similar using my ball glove, but I don't.

Aug 20, 2013
I would think you stand about as good of a chance of using the balls to using the windmill I suppose. I don't really see what could go so terrible wrong using the weighted balls or just even a regular softball to start and add one ounce as they progress.

I was one who thought that the weighted balls would be good for things and they aren't so I have 3 in various weights. Just thought the windmill looks pretty basic(ingenious but basic in concept) and so are the exercises--at least they look to be. I could totally be wrong of course, just an observation.

GG

Cool Hand

Banned
Nov 12, 2013
That is a cool product. I find it strange that they show mostly over hand. If that works that would be a great tool for confined space and winter work

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish