Finally!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Just excited that after a year of trying, I've been able to get my DD lessons with a very good college coach. I probably can only afford 1 or two lessons a month, but it should be great. My DD already knows him so it should be a good fit. I might even post a video again in the future for that wonderful constructive criticism:) He tapes the lesson also and then explains what he is working towards with the girls.

Oct 10, 2011
These are hitting lessons, but he will work on anything. She's really strong and has quick hands, but is still rough in technique (however, much better than the last video I posted).

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I might look for a hitting coach for DD next year, why did you pick him?

Sounds like he has a waiting list and your family is happy, sure it will be a good experience.

Oct 10, 2011
I might look for a hitting coach for DD next year, why did you pick him?

Sounds like he has a waiting list and your family is happy, sure it will be a good experience.[/QUOTE

Well, he started a top notch travel team years ago that has produced a lot of D1 players and everyone has always spoken fondly of him (past players, parents etc...) We met him 3 years ago and got in a lesson when my DD just started, and she really liked him. She attended a hitting clinic of his last year, and he then suggested she try out for his organization. (He doesn't coach her level or even show up at their tryouts) She made the team, and since they have the same teaching philosophy, it just makes sense. All of the coaches attend the same coaching clinics etc... Plus, he's a heck of a guy.

Oct 10, 2011
We had a bad experience with our last instructor and opted out of the last lesson. No plan, unreliable, etc... a big waste of time and money. Do your homework first.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
I am glad you were able to get with a great instructor. Even if you can only afford 1 or 2 lessons a month, I sure it will be well worth it. My DGD has been lucky to have a great instructor for the last 2 years. She really likes him and she has improved immensely in both catching and hitting. He works her buns off each lesson and she does not complain one bit. He even comes to her tournaments when they are near by to see how she is doing and to see what she needs to be corrected on. You can tell he is in it more for the girls than the money. Oh, he just had two of his students sign with D1 schools.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
iMlearning,
Wish you and your DD the best with your new coach.Good coaching is hard to find.Please keep us posted with your DD's present and future success.It will be money well spent.Who needs beer anyway?lol

Oct 10, 2011
iMlearning,
Wish you and your DD the best with your new coach.Good coaching is hard to find.Please keep us posted with your DD's present and future success.It will be money well spent.Who needs beer anyway?lol

Thanks rdbass. Unfortunately, I like the expensive beer and Bourbon:) I'll have to cut back on groceries!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red