Finally pitching a 12 inch ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Jill, work on these 2 things.
Stronger drive off that rubber. I mean EXPLODE and push hard to that catcher. 2. Get way more bend In that arm and the I/r will be soooo much more effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2015
Getting more bend in the arm is fairly easy. Use this cue: Tell her to pretend she is brushing her hair back with the ball as she goes over the top of the circle. Basically, make the arm circle more of an arm oval.

Striding to the left, on, or right of the powerline doesn't really impact all that much. Every "expert" advocates something slightly different. As long as she is consistent with her stride, no twisting during it, and landing with good hip/shoulder angles, she's fine. I know Gillis advocated stride foot to the right of the power line, others advocate toes just on the line, others the flat of the foot on the line.

The power line is more of a guideline than any absolute.

Jun 8, 2019
Jill, work on these 2 things.
Stronger drive off that rubber. I mean EXPLODE and push hard to that catcher. 2. Get way more bend In that arm and the I/r will be soooo much more effective.

Yes her PC is trying to get her to sprint off the mound faster and to explode. She just isn't used to it but she will definitely have to get used to it now pitching 5 extra feet. The only problem she has reaching the plate though is her changeup. It's 50/50. But she will get there.

Nov 8, 2018
Yes her PC is trying to get her to sprint off the mound faster and to explode. She just isn't used to it but she will definitely have to get used to it now pitching 5 extra feet. The only problem she has reaching the plate though is her changeup. It's 50/50. But she will get there.

She will be fine. Her foundation is set. Now it’s a fine tuning game.

Sep 29, 2014
definitely fine tuning now...the only thing I would say about the powerline is it is dependent on were they start if they start drive foot just to the right and land left foot just to the left it's fine because that is natural. The bigger issue is the farther to the right you start and farther to the left you end up the more it becomes a problem. We actually talked about this in another thread but if your drive is at an angle then when you land you must compensate somehow...as long as she is cueing to drive straight to the catcher should be fine as I mentioned it's not a big deal now just something to watch and be aware of.

Oct 4, 2018
Pet peeve of mine but I don't like how she's repositioning her drive foot. It starts with toes pointing to the catcher but then she moves it. I like that foot staying straight, like a sprinter off the blocks.

But all in all, I really like it. Very nice for such a young girl.

Jun 8, 2019
Pet peeve of mine but I don't like how she's repositioning her drive foot. It starts with toes pointing to the catcher but then she moves it. I like that foot staying straight, like a sprinter off the blocks.

But all in all, I really like it. Very nice for such a young girl.
Thanks for the compliment! I was looking at that too. I was wondering when she started shifting her foot but I think her PC was trying to fix that in our last session along with trying to explode more off the mound. Work in progress and definitely fine tuning like djcarter said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd