Fernandez Ejection vs TAMU WCWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I was not a fan of her actions. Can an assistant coach even approach the umpires? I am always told, "I speak only to the head coach."
Did they truly not have anyone other than the volunteer student assistant, to coach first base? He looked scared to death and then, he had to wear a batting helmet.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We have ACs talk to umpires, doesn't seem to be an issue. Suppose the ump can make thier own rules up though.

One of the biggest curfufulls I was involved in I had the other HC yelling at ump, thier 2 assistant coaches were yelling me. I am just trying to figure out what is going on. First thing I asked HC was to tell the ACs to go to dugout so we could figure it out, they were just causing problems. He did chase them back to dugout.

Jun 22, 2008
I was not a fan of her actions. Can an assistant coach even approach the umpires? I am always told, "I speak only to the head coach."
Did they truly not have anyone other than the volunteer student assistant, to coach first base? He looked scared to death and then, he had to wear a batting helmet.

Any umpire that tells you that is MSU. Nowhere in the rules or umpire manual does it give any indication umpires only interact with head coaches.

May 20, 2015
Because everyone is a victim these days. Sutprised she didn't say Trump caused it. Her head coach said she was protecting her kids on thw team. Yeah, right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

um, coach is trying to keep her team together on the biggest at stage at the biggest moment of the season

i don't know if hernandez was trying to rally the troops or emotion got the best of her, but after the previous poor call, i get it.....

and afterwards, what sort of spin would you expect a HC to put on it in that situation? even if she 1000% thought hernandez was too emotional and out of control, she has to spin in like this at this point in the season......later on, or in private, she may address it differently, but that was about the best angle she could take with game(s) left to play

and of course the fans rallied like that....they're fans.....that's what they do

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Aside from the Fernandez drama, I thought Texas A&M's defense on that play was spectacular.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2013
South Texas
I'm not sure what she was all up in her business about on that particular play anyway? It was good defense and correct calls. UNLIKE their first game with LSU that should have ended with the opposite score than it did on bad calls by that home plate ump (safe slide and obstruction later)...

That's when I might have been tossed for losing my mind...

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Just want to remind everyone to leave politics out of the discussions. This is a fastpitch softball forum, and we want to keep the discussion focused on that. There are plenty of other places on the Internet to share your political views.

Oct 4, 2016
What I find sad is that in the evening game, she came out into the stands, all sorts of people wearing shirts with her face on it like she was a victim of some crime, and her kid had one on that had #freemymom written in sharpie on the back.

Just own up to it. Why does everyone have to play the victim card when they clearly crossed the line?

Because that's the way society is going...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles