Fernandez Ejection vs TAMU WCWS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Fernandez_ejections_vs_TAMU_zps2btrrwus.gif

The ump tripped her on purpose.

Feb 15, 2017
Shouldn't need a wall of umpires unless it gets overly physical. Looks weak, very weak. Same thing in MLB now too. George Brett comes after you with a bat? OK, wall needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Any contact is unacceptable IMO. Even touching them.

(I am an acwatence with 80% of our umps that do our games, they know I am not going to cause problems so probly have some flexibility with me. Have I touched am ump probably. Am I yelling and screaming in thier face and touched them, no.)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2008
Shouldn't need a wall of umpires unless it gets overly physical. Looks weak, very weak. Same thing in MLB now too. George Brett comes after you with a bat? OK, wall needed.

The officials did exactly what they were suppose to do. When you see a coach getting out of hand the other officials are suppose to step in and try to steer the offender away. And once the ejection happens, they are definitely suppose to get between the ejected person and the calling official. Fernandez was completely and totally out of line and probably should have been ejected even before she actually was. As for the supposed trip, yes she did step on an umpires foot, after she started to charge the umpire after being ejected. If she hadnt been out of control she wouldnt have been ejected, and if she hadnt been charging the umpire she wouldnt have tripped and made contact with the umpire. Totally and completely on her and a 2 game suspension was probably pretty light all things considered.

Feb 15, 2017
If I ever needed a wall of my other crew members before I yacked someone I would turn in my uniform. You are supposed to be the professional, not Bambi looking for her mother. The way they handled it looks like they were watching a little too much of Joe West, except he would have butchered the call. Now that I think about it, the whole scene has a little Angel Hernandez vibe. . ..

Feb 15, 2017
And for the record, she was gonna bump her anyways to get her money's worth.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If I ever needed a wall of my other crew members before I yacked someone I would turn in my uniform. You are supposed to be the professional, not Bambi looking for her mother. The way they handled it looks like they were watching a little too much of Joe West, except he would have butchered the call. Now that I think about it, the whole scene has a little Angel Hernandez vibe. . ..

Why be tough guy or gal, there is a time and place in for it on the field is not one of them IMO.

Get away from out of control person and restart game.

Because you walked away doesn't mean you are not tough, I am sure the umpire would have been happy to clock couch.

Feb 15, 2017
They were circling the wagons even before she was ejected. This is the highest level in college you have to be able to handle at least one coach or player. It is not about being tough it is about being in control yourself and not letting the out of control person rattle you. She is in over her head.

Mar 1, 2015
What I find sad is that in the evening game, she came out into the stands, all sorts of people wearing shirts with her face on it like she was a victim of some crime, and her kid had one on that had #freemymom written in sharpie on the back.

Just own up to it. Why does everyone have to play the victim card when they clearly crossed the line?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00