...feeling burnt out?? Would like dad help on this one.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
I have been playing VERY COMPETITIVE softball since I was around 8. Now I am a teenager and I am kind of feeling burnt out of the sport. My parents have spent thousands of dollars traveling to long distance tournaments and getting lessons, etc., and if I quit now, I'd feel really guilty. Also, my dad and I don't spend much time together other than softball. I'm worried about our relationship, if he might get mad, or if it might just go off the rails or something. My dad is also just as obsessed with softball as I was before I started feeling this way. He has literally never missed one of my games. Ever. He has cancelled plans, meetings, etc. I just want some wisdom, or advice from some softball dads I guess. How would you feel in this situation?? Or like just opinions on getting burnt out? Maybe its just quarantine, but I really am losing the passion I once had for this sport. Let me know please <3
You say you are worried about your relationship with your father, that's it's all about softball. Do you ever try to do things with your father outside of softball?.......My DD's relationship with me revolves around softball too, but that's her choosing, not mine. I would love if my DD said to me "Hey dad, lets go for a ride, get some ice cream, lets go see a Yankees game" (benefit of living in NY). But she doesn't want to do anything with me. I don't blame her for this view, I mean, how many teenage girls want to hang out with their old-fart, know-nothing father these days? (I didn't when I was her age). But it does make me sad a bit when I see her teammates having a good conversation with their fathers, and my DD doesn't say anything to me.

Mar 22, 2019
I remember hearing a story from a friend about his daughter wanting to quit the sport she had been doing forever, even though she was getting scholarship offers for it. Now I don't know if you are at a level that you can get a scholarship, but his thing was that the sport was her job now as well, and would she rather get a job to make up the money or keep playing the sport. Just something to think about anyway. Not sure if it was right or wrong, but something to think about.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi