Feedback on swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
So what does she need to feel to release the barrel? Is there a cue that I can tell her?

After contact point...throw the top hand past the bottom hand. It sounds weird, but when you do it you'll see how it encourages the barrel release you are seeking....

This pic obviously isn't a live swing but see how the top hand "turns over" ie is thrown past the bottom hand...picture that happening at/after point of contact.

waggle_example.gif

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Good.

For now, forget about trying to "turn the barrel" with the top-hand.

Dial down the wrist tension. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being very loose, and 10 being a death grip, bring the tension level down to a 2 to 4. I use a '4'. Many of my hitters bring the wrist tension level down to a '2', '3' or '4'. A good way to get the wrists loose is to waggle the barrel like shown below.

waggle_example.gif

Waggle the barrel until the wrist tension is down to a '4'. Then keep the tension level at a '4'. The top-hand wrist tension may spike momentarily at swing initiation ... but it should drop right back to a '4' quickly. Experiment with wrist tension levels between 2-4.

Good stuff here, FFS. I've had a couple of players recently who have struggled with getting past this issue. I like the approach of using a 1-10 scale for wrist tension.

Sep 17, 2009
I like loose oily wrists too. Play pepper, direct the ball on the bounce to three tossers with loose wrists from left to center to right....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez