Favorite Threads

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm just curious what people's favorite hitting threads are on DFP. Every once in a while I like to dig into some of the older discussions and pick up some tid bits. Personally, one of my favorites is the link below. Like many threads, there is a lot of nonsense scattered around in this one. In fact, you can probably completely ignore the first 35 (ish) pages. But there is a lot of interesting discussion after that. This particular thread was created shortly after I joined the site and was one of the first hitting threads I was following. There are quite a few people involved in this thread that I wish were still active posters. So what are your favorite threads?

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/thr...d-the-elephant-in-the-room.15918/#post-188420

Jun 8, 2016
I'm just curious what people's favorite hitting threads are on DFP. Every once in a while I like to dig into some of the older discussions and pick up some tid bits. Personally, one of my favorites is the link below. Like many threads, there is a lot of nonsense scattered around in this one. In fact, you can probably completely ignore the first 35 (ish) pages. But there is a lot of interesting discussion after that. This particular thread was created shortly after I joined the site and was one of the first hitting threads I was following. There are quite a few people involved in this thread that I wish were still active posters. So what are your favorite threads?

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/thr...d-the-elephant-in-the-room.15918/#post-188420
I am not done with your last HW assignment (BBF thread) and you now assign another one!! Can I get an extension??:)

May 24, 2013
So Cal

This one was definitely a vivid memory from my early days on the site. Those were bitter days between certain members. I prefer the more civil - but still in-depth - discussions we have now.

I wonder what ever happened to redhotcoach. I learned a lot from that guy. Crankermo's DD was pretty awesome, and an example I referred to frequently. Sadly, her college softball career was cut short by an injury. Pstein also had a lot of good info. Knightsb was also influential to my early journey, and we shared a lot of info over a few years. My DD and I got a chance to meet his DD at an Oregon Ducks camp.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
This one was definitely a vivid memory from my early days on the site. Those were bitter days between certain members. I prefer the more civil - but still in-depth - discussions we have now.

I wonder what ever happened to redhotcoach. I learned a lot from that guy. Crankermo's DD was pretty awesome, and an example I referred to frequently. Sadly, her college softball career was cut short by an injury. Pstein also had a lot of good info. Knightsb was also influential to my early journey, and we shared a lot of info over a few years. My DD and I got a chance to meet his DD at an Oregon Ducks camp.

You bring up some good points Eric. I guess I was surprised that even though it was my third time reading through that thread, I still picked up some analysis that I failed to see (or understand) previously. My journey has led me down many roads; Epstein, Yeager, even a brief time with O'Leary's stuff... It's the analysis part that I really enjoy, and is probably why I really liked Jerry Brewer's stuff when he was still active. Over the past few months I have read The Science of Hitting (Ted Williams), Exceptional Player (Jim Dixon Sr.) and The Catapult Loading System (Joey Myers). Each is interesting in very different ways. More recently I read the "Toe Touch and Heel Plant" thread at BBF (Tewks) and the Rose/Elephant thread here. I have found some interesting information from Matt Antonelli, Justin Stone, and Matt Lisle (among others). My intention is to read "Anatomy Trains" as soon as DD is home for the summer (she has this book at college with her...). Just trying to figure out what to read next, since DD won't be home for about 3 weeks. If anyone has some good suggestions, let me know.

Jun 8, 2016
Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not a recommendation, as I haven't read it, but I played HS and Legion with the author of this book:

Like I said, no idea what he says in there just found it interesting that he wrote a book..

Interesting... I may need to check that out. The reviews on Amazon seem promising as well. Thanks for the idea!

Jun 8, 2016
Interesting... I may need to check that out. The reviews on Amazon seem promising as well. Thanks for the idea!
My guess is it is a "hitting for dummies" sort of book so I am not sure you will get much out of it..but hey if you are bored ;)

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You bring up some good points Eric. I guess I was surprised that even though it was my third time reading through that thread, I still picked up some analysis that I failed to see (or understand) previously. My journey has led me down many roads; Epstein, Yeager, even a brief time with O'Leary's stuff... It's the analysis part that I really enjoy, and is probably why I really liked Jerry Brewer's stuff when he was still active. Over the past few months I have read The Science of Hitting (Ted Williams), Exceptional Player (Jim Dixon Sr.) and The Catapult Loading System (Joey Myers). Each is interesting in very different ways. More recently I read the "Toe Touch and Heel Plant" thread at BBF (Tewks) and the Rose/Elephant thread here. I have found some interesting information from Matt Antonelli, Justin Stone, and Matt Lisle (among others). My intention is to read "Anatomy Trains" as soon as DD is home for the summer (she has this book at college with her...). Just trying to figure out what to read next, since DD won't be home for about 3 weeks. If anyone has some good suggestions, let me know.

I can tell you what not to read. Well even the bad ones have some good in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck