Fav Hands inside drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hands inside drill tee really inside at the front knee then front toss. inside or out side would be the same except for body turn, and although in these clips i do not, i would do alot of the drills in the SNF 45 position.

outside
outsidetocontactslo-S.gif

inside
inside15frames-S.gif

lots of variation helps.

Mann - Wondering about the angle of the back foot?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann - Wondering about the angle of the back foot?

Good Question Green monsters, I try to have a stretch feeling in all hand/upper drills.
I would have the players normally stand in the SNF 45, here i was just standing normal with my back foot loading my hip, i just like the way it feels.

just a habit being 60 years old.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Please feel free to correct the drill. instead of just saying that is not correct?

dumb

But i have room to grow, so if my drill does not meet your approval please correct my approach, instead of saying it is wrong

Posey_InMidOut.gif

my guess would be that my top hand forearm is to vertical?

Mann, this video you included above should help you see the serious flaw in the swing demo below.

inside15frames-S.gif

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Posey_InMidOut-poster.jpg

The middle pitch and outside pitch are hit almost at the same depth, with the middle being hit a bit deeper than the outside pitch. The inside pitch is hit just a tad earlier. Although it difficult to really judge the exact depth from this angle. I do love this Posey gif, though.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Drills, for the most part are used and are intended to give the feeling of positions which means sometimes these positions must be exaggerated in order to get the hitter to really feel what and where they need to be. You cant take one swing of a hitter hitting an outside pitch and say "see, this is where and how you should hit an outside pitch". Not saying which side is correct in this instance, but you can search and find gif's to support both sides if you take just one swing as your sample size. IMO, the Posey outside pitch video shows that the ball needed to travel a little more. Do I know more than him or can I hit like him ?? No, but I can watch a video of one swing of his. Maybe this one swing worked perfectly, but take a large sample size and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00