Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2014
I would be curious how many teams would attend one that soon? How many families on those teams would allow their children to play? My DD is in college at this point and we only do 23u events, but we have decided to not even register at this point. If things improve, maybe we will try to do something in July. But we have no plans before that.
Viera is in Brevard County which has only had 7 deaths since all of this started. That's barely one a week and it is all elderly deaths. So why should young people with young kids be scared to go play softball? I bet they get a good turnout. Things you see on the news are not how things are all over the country. The media is not going to show you the places where things aren't bad.

Apr 1, 2017
Illinois is going "stay at home" through May. Even trying to remain as optimistic as possible, mid-June before we could even practice? Of course, half the state might be unemployed by then, so might not matter.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Viera is in Brevard County which has only had 7 deaths since all of this started. That's barely one a week and it is all elderly deaths. So why should young people with young kids be scared to go play softball? I bet they get a good turnout. Things you see on the news are not how things are all over the country. The media is not going to show you the places where things aren't bad.

I seriously doubt the tournament will consist only of teams from that county. Will teams from other counties/states be willing to travel? Stay in hotels? Etc. Will all members of the team feel the same way? If enough players/parents have reservations about playing on that date will the teams be able to find enough replacements in time to play?

Bottom line is this. If people are willing, that's fine. That's their decision. My team and my daughter would not be there. Later in the summer, maybe. But not that soon.

You are welcome to make your decision. I will make mine.

Oct 14, 2019
It’s a local tournament with local teams. If you’re waiting for herd immunity or a vaccine, you will probably have to wait until 2022 for the threat to subside. But you’re right, it’s a personal decision.

Oct 14, 2019
It is a one day tournament. Probably the greatest danger is the down time between games.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I seriously doubt the tournament will consist only of teams from that county. Will teams from other counties/states be willing to travel? Stay in hotels? Etc. Will all members of the team feel the same way? If enough players/parents have reservations about playing on that date will the teams be able to find enough replacements in time to play?

Bottom line is this. If people are willing, that's fine. That's their decision. My team and my daughter would not be there. Later in the summer, maybe. But not that soon.

You are welcome to make your decision. I will make mine.
Can imagine this scenario will
apply all over, throuhgout the months ahead, to include work and other things. Traveling or local.

Jun 8, 2016
It’s a local tournament with local teams. If you’re waiting for herd immunity or a vaccine, you will probably have to wait until 2022 for the threat to subside. But you’re right, it’s a personal decision.
The IHME guidelines use 1 positive per million people (along with considerations for testing and tracking capabilities) as the point where social distancing measures can be relaxed for regions.

Mar 28, 2014
The IHME guidelines use 1 positive per million people (along with considerations for testing and tracking capabilities) as the point where social distancing measures can be relaxed for regions.
IHME - does anyone even listen to them anymore? They been so wrong so many times, I've lost faith. Plus they're a private entity so they only supply data, they don't institute guidelines or regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA