Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2016
I agree and that's the point.
I've said for a while that the overall mortality rate may actually get close to what the flu is after all this is said and done (in particular once viable treatment options are available). What won't likely approach the flu is how infectious this virus is. If the mortality rate is the same as the flu but it is 3 or 4 times more infectious than that means 3 or 4 times more deaths than what we see from the flu every year. If the country can handle that many deaths (from various perspectives including politically motivated ones) then going forward we can go on living as we normally do during flu season.

The problem now is there are still a lot of ifs...hopefully we get a lot of those cleared up soon. In Engineering design, factors of safety are applied due to uncertainty e.g. unknowns. That is basically what has been done here in the name of erring on the side of caution. In engineering design, if one becomes too conservative, then the design becomes too costly and it starts to eat into profits. In this case the profit is the economy. Time will tell if the "design" was too conservative but I truly believe that the things being done were done (for the most part) with the countries best interests in mind...call me naive if you want.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Because if you passed away at home or outside of a hospital and they didn't do a test they would not be counted. It's why they keep doing revisions for nursing homes that weren't reporting.
Actually the CDC:
2. As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statementpdf iconexternal icon issued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19. A probable case or death is defined by i) meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19; or ii) meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence; or iii) meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19.

That is why there is reports from people who were being diagnosed with covid-19 but were never tested. Reminds me of My mother on monday was tested because she was showing all symptoms related to covid-19. Yesterday the results came back negative. Now she could have been classified as covid-19 without even being tested because she had every symptom related to the virus.

By the way: She told me that if you have to be tested, be prepared. Its by far one of the worst tests she had take. 6 inch swab up through the nose all the way to the back. They swab for 10sec. Each side

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
By the way: She told me that if you have to be tested, be prepared. Its by far one of the worst tests she had take. 6 inch swab up through the nose all the way to the back. They swab for 10sec. Each side
I've read that..best reason I can give for staying away from everybody.. 😂

Jun 8, 2016
It’s been around since December. Maybe November..
I just saw that. My brother-in-law, the one who we think had it (he actually is part of an NIH study now where they are sending out antibody tests to people who think they had it but were never tested) was actually in CA around Martin Luther King Jr. day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad