Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
All of a sudden people care about the poor? There were kids, through no fault of their own, who could barely afford to eat one meal a day before all of this..I didn't hear much about them on Fox News....just sayin'

Who said anybody never cared, and im not just talking about the poor. More are going to end up there
as well...and the news seems to want to keep locking everything down. As I said,
that was my rant. The lockdown is good, but the longer it goes, gonna be worse than the virus. We can all have opinions.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
That's not fair. He's got a foundation that's doing what it can to track things. Ideally, the government would have done that, but the mechanisms aren't in place. But all the IHME is doing is collecting data and trying to project it. There's nothing nefarious about it, and frankly, condemning a guy who's given away about 36 billion dollars is harsh. If anything, the IHME models have done a lot to take away people's concerns about the virus -- remember when the experts were talking about 2.2 million deaths? At least providing everyone with data -- again, which should have been the government's job -- gives people a somwhat accurate idea of what is going on.

There is no bad guy in any of this. Not Trump, not Biden, not Pelosi or McConnell. Not Gates, not Fauci or Birx. Not even, in my opinion, China. It's a bug that went form animals to people and then spread. It sucks, it happens, it will have long-last repercussions, but it's not anything anyone did, and vilifying anyone for it seems a touch extreme.

Such a good post until you included China. The CCP has failed miserably at informing the rest of the world about the effects of this virus. You can argue/discuss whether or not the virus was let out on purpose but there is no arguing that China has tried to cover this virus up.

Jun 8, 2016
Who said anybody never cared, and im not just talking about the poor. More are going to end up there
as well...and the news seems to want to keep locking everything down. As I said,
that was my rant. The lockdown is good, but the longer it goes, gonna be worse than the virus. We can all have opinions.
Even though I quoted you the comment wasn't directed at you or anybody who responded in the thread. I should have just put as a separate comment. It was just a general statement. There are structural problems in this country, which are not going away after all this, which are being exacerbated by the pandemic.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's not fair.

I can have my opinion of the guy, you may not like it, thats fine. Somebody worth mega billions, who prints money, can easily give some away as he would look bad if he didnt. And fact, he will make monumental cash on this pandemic. The money he makes will far outweigh his "generosity" thru this. I didnt blame him for anything did I? Didnt say he caused it. This virus was coming here no matter what anybody did. How it started is another source of many opinions as well. What I said was his actions are not for the people, and the people alone. You can disagree, thats fine. Im allowed to feel how I do about him and i am by far not the only one who feels this way.

Feb 20, 2020
I can have my opinion of the guy, you may not like it, thats fine. Somebody worth mega billions, who prints money, can easily give some away as he would look bad if he didnt. And fact, he will make monumental cash on this pandemic. The money he makes will far outweigh his "generosity" thru this. I didnt blame him for anything did I? Didnt say he caused it. This virus was coming here no matter what anybody did. How it started is another source of many opinions as well. What I said was his actions are not for the people, and the people alone. You can disagree, thats fine. Im allowed to feel how I do about him and i am by far not the only one who feels this way.

Sure, you can feel however you want. I don't care how you feel about him.

But if you're going to make public statements that are both accusatory and incorrect, you can expect to be called out on it. You accused him of falsifying data -- or, you insinuated he was falsifying data -- in order to enrich himself. There's no evidence of that -- it's not even a reasonable position beyond thinking that "rich people with whom I disagree are liars and thieves."

But sure, man. Feel however you want.

Feb 25, 2018
Things will open back up with widespread Antibody testing. Once they figure out that the people who have had this are an enormous amount more than the confirmed tested numbers things will change fast.

I'm hoping this is the case, but I think it's still unclear as to the immunity question,
whether you get infected naturally or via a vaccine.

If I was designing a bio weapon I'd certainly make a lack of immunity from either a feature. CCP isn't exactly a Rotary type of organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd