Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I'm not sure that's the right attitude to have towards someone potentially risking his/her life so you can have your toilet paper. Grocery and food delivery personnel are still working so they can feed their families too...not because they don't want to follow social distancing guidelines or stay at home orders.
You misunderstood me. I wasn't criticizing the delivery people. I am happy they are doing what they're doing and hope they all stay safe. My daughter's boyfriend is working for UPS so I have a personal stake in hoping nothing happens to the delivery people.

My point was that even staying in your home doesn't guarantee you won't be exposed. So the more we can isolate ourselves and follow the recommendations the better.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
You really think you can get this from a grocery bag? I've yet to see that happen, did I miss it? Serious questions, no snark. I've never even considered that as a risk.

Better question would be if that is a real risk, why are they allowing it?

The National Institute of Health says the virus can live on cardboard for 24 hours and on plastic bags for up to three days, although not necessarily in its full form. Apparently it's been tested. So yes, you could presumably go to the grocery store, pick up a box of Wheaties someone breathed or sneezed on, and get the virus. Same for things being delivered.

Haven't heard it actually happening to anyone, but how would you know? Kind of tough to trace exactly where it came from. But if you didn't have it for 14 days, got a delivery, and then got it without ever leaving your house it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

That's what makes this thing so nasty. We just don't know exactly what it can do yet.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
What I'm most anxious to see are the numbers of people that have had it and didn't know it. That may make the current numbers look a lot less frightening. When the antibody test becomes readily available it should shed a lot of light on this thing.

Agree on that. The ability to test will be a key for a lot of it. If we had unlimited testing right now it would probably be a lot easier for the people at the top to open things up more, because we could take more precautions.

Right now it's like reaching into a big black bag where you don't know what's inside. Could be money. Could be candy. Could be snakes or scorpions.

Jun 8, 2016
Asks a question that cannot be answered and then attempts to answer it 2 sentences later with a guess and lays out a doomsday scenario based on that guessed number as justification for the shutdown.

It's all a guess so why put forth scenarios that no one can prove or dispute? Sweden's daily new cases have peaked and are headed down already. They will likely come out of this as the smartest person in the room. We need to all face it, we got duped by a couple of alarmist Dr.'s in Fauci and Birx who guessed wrong and caused an upheaval in our economy that should have never happened but will be felt for years and years.
Just putting out my opinion..is that still allowed? Since anything I say in any thread I participate in seems to piss you off, why don't you just block me already?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2014
Just putting out my opinion..is that still allowed? Since anything I say in any thread I participate in seems to piss you off, why don't you just block me already?
quit beinbg so sensitive sally. You sure dish it out but you can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd