Facemasks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
We watched a professional softball game Sunday night (Carolina Diamonds vs. Akron Racers). It was a great game, and I'd highly recommend seeing a professional game if you can.

During the game, I noticed that some of the fielders were wearing masks and about half of the batters were wearing masks. It seems that masks are beginning to make their way into the higher ranks of softball.

I overheard some people chatting in the stands this weekend that their DD was told by a HS coach that college coaches won't recruit players that wear masks. Don't mean to do a thread hi-jack, but any thoughts on that comment?

Jan 24, 2011
I overheard some people chatting in the stands this weekend that their DD was told by a HS coach that college coaches won't recruit players that wear masks. Don't mean to do a thread hi-jack, but any thoughts on that comment?

That might be the case with some college coaches , but overall it is total BS. I have had this conversation with several college coaches and pretty much they dont care about the mask one way or the other

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
There is an ultra secret organization of anti-mask coaches......WHOOPS now I must kill you all!

(that was just a joke! I dont want to be like the guy that held a plane grounded for 4 hours the other day because he said the flight attendent was probably out drinking the night before)

Apr 9, 2012
Most D1 coaches worth their weight in salt could care less about what PPE a girl chooses to wear. They are focused on skill, drive, attitude etc etc.

The new ball is wound tighter. My perception is that it will be similiar to the international ball.

Jul 28, 2008

Heather Tarr of Washington said she doesn't care what they wear, as long as they can field their position.

Oct 25, 2009

There are many things that are assessed by college recruiters. Whether or not a player wears protective equipment is not even near the top of the list.

Are rattlesnakes ticklish?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott